• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"There Was An Error In Handling The Request"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi. Ever since Warcraft 3 Reforged has gone live, I keep receiving this message whenever I attempt to launch classic WC3 from the Battle.net app. I do not own reforged, but I have purchased classic many years ago. I looked for answers in the official battle.net forums and blizzard's explanation was that my account does not own classic or reforged. This is not the case, and in fact, I was playing classic on the old b.net days before reforged went live.

I tried using the redeem a code option from the account manager and typed in my old CD keys I had from CD-ROM case itself. This did not work however, and it said that the code was already in use.

So what gives? Anyone else having this problem and would anyone happen to know of a solution?

Level 8
Bump.

I am looking for a solution myself. I have purchased Reforged and when I open my map for testrun through editor, it comes with this message. The game will still open, but it takes quite a while though. It's just stuck at "Loading..." with a full bar loaded.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
For reference purposes:
- Error "There Was An Error In Handling The Request" - Blizzard Support
- Linking your Classic Warcraft III Account to a Warcraft III: Reforged Account - Blizzard Support

[...] I tried using the redeem a code option from the account manager and typed in my old CD keys I had from CD-ROM case itself. This did not work however, and it said that the code was already in use. [...]
@Evil Gamer: It seems like someone else has already attached these CD-Keys to his own account. (note: fyi, only the RoC key is needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.