• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

There was an error in handling the request **Solved **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Sooo I get this strange error message after downloading the new 1.32 patch when trying to launch Warcraft 3....
Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, I'm able to open the editor, forgive me for my ignorance but I noticed it's all updated with reforge models and beautiful terrain :eek: Not that I'm complaining it's just I hadn't purchased Reforge yet :/ Was it free for those who already own wc3?

Anyhow...I can't seem to launch the game now :/

*edit* Fixed the issue by going onto B.net and entering my warcraft 3 regions of chaos Cd key..

Attachments

• wc3 error.png
    wc3 error.png
    467.6 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
Level 7
Yeah, I can't play anything either and get the same error message. And I do have Reforged. I have newest driver updates and trying to reinstall the game now.

Oh? You too? :eek: I'm glad i'm no the only one XD But I hope it ends up working for the both of us soon! Good luck with reinstalling it, let me know if you get it working :) :D

Level 9
Reinstalling the game worked for me. And between uninstalling and reinstalling I deleted all Warcraft 3 related files from the install directory as well as from \Documents\... So that there was no trace of the old Warcraft 3. Don't know if this is necessary, but I made it to be sure. Also, if you decide to do the same, remember to backup your maps, because they are in \Documents\Warcraft 3\Maps.

Level 23
Mathayis, several people I know had this same issue. For them, the issue was they needed to link their ROC cd key to their battlenet client account. People who buy reforged don't have this issue simply because buying it automatically links it to the person's acocunt, whereas for people who have their old ROC cd key, they need to manually do it.

Not sure if that helps.

Level 7
Not sure if that helps.
Oh thanks! hehe any help helps! :p Oh? How do you link the ROC cd key to the battlenet client account? Sorry I'm a noob :p

I actually made the mistake of uninstalling the game and reinstalling, with still no luck, but now because I did that I can't play on the older patches I had....
When launching wc3 It won't even allow me to select the option to play offline, It's all grayed out :( The map editor seems to work though :/ however I can't load any of the maps I made on it :p Uggg XD

*Edit. heey I was actually able to figure it out by how you suggested!! Thanks a bunch! The game is super laggy, but at least it works now :p

Last edited:
Level 7
Reinstalling the game worked for me. And between uninstalling and reinstalling I deleted all Warcraft 3 related files from the install directory as well as from \Documents\... So that there was no trace of the old Warcraft 3. Don't know if this is necessary, but I made it to be sure. Also, if you decide to do the same, remember to backup your maps, because they are in \Documents\Warcraft 3\Maps.

Hey thanks for the help, sadly it didn't work for me :/ but I'll keep poking around at it until it does :p

Status
Not open for further replies.