• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The World of Chaos RPG Idea Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The World of Chaos SPRPG
Idea Room

I have asked quite a few things over the last month or so because im often unsure of my own ideas.
I now have more free time and i can finally seriously start working on my RPG so to avoid starting tons of new threads to ask for opinions for my ideas, im going to post it all in this thread instead.
Any opinions are welcome, even if i don't agree with some, it's good to have diffrent views on things :smile:
Also, any casual helpers will be credited in my map.

And now, on to the first problem at hand: Combat System
First off, some background on what my map will be having for sure:

My map will be featuring a Stamina system. Many physical actions will require stamina. Stamina regenerates over time based on your Strenght. Stamina costs will also be dependant on your stats(strenght and/or agility in some cases).
There will also be weapon skills which will affect stamina consumption on hit and abilities.

And these are the combat systems i have come up with so far:

Melee:

1. Normal W3 style, click on unit, spam dmg abilities and wait for teh win. Lose stamina per hit based on what weapon you are using and how much skill you have with it.

2. Each hit is made by an ability, there are no auto attacks. Each hit requires stamina based on the weapon the hero is using and his skills and stats
Example: using a warhammer when you have low strenght will eat away most of your stamina with 1 hit.
You can also build up combo attacks with abilities.
Example: left slash, right slash, upper slash would each increase the damage of the next hit and decrease stamina cost, while doing, left slash, left slash would each deal the same damage and consume the normal ammount of stamina.

3. The hero would still use auto attack like in normal W3, but like in Nr.2 the hero would be able to build up combo attacks.

Ranged combat:

1. Normal W3 style, just wait for the hero to autoattack the enemy.

2. Charged bows(and crossbows if i can put the right animation onto the model im using :smile:). Shooting a bow would be like casting a spell, a cast bar appears, the more full it is the more damage the shot deals. If the cast bar is full, the hero automaticly shoots the arrow, but if you want to, you can also use an ability to release the arrow earlier, dealing less damage but allowing you to shoot more frequently.

3. Same as 2, but allow the hero to toggle between auto attack and manual attack aswell as manual release.
Auto attack= the hero auto attacks targets, but the cast bar still appears and works the same as described above.
Manual attack= the hero doesnt auto attack, instead you have to cast an ability to start drawing the bow each time.
Manual release=the bow doesn't auto shoot when its full charged, instead it remains charged. While the bow is charged, move speed is lowered. Its so you can ready your bow before combat.

Defense in combat:

1. Normal W3. Just be a meatchunk and have the mobs eat away at your hp.

2. Have abilities to evade in combat, such as jumping back, blocking with shield or deflecting attacks. Could also make it so you can choose weather to attack the target with an ability Or deflect/block the next attack for no damage or for less damage.

If you have the patience, please read through, vote for or comment a system and if you have any better ideas, feel free to include them in your comment.

Example of voting: Melee nr.3, Ranged nr.3 and Defense nr. 2.

And remember:
ANY FEEDBACK IS TRULY,GREATLY APPRICHIATED!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.