• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The truth behind Thrall

How awesome am I?

• You're my new god!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to carry your children!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Some of you might say, "oh Razosh yet another of your far-fetched theories" but no this is not a theory this is the undeniable truth that reveals the true story behind Thrall.

Look at Thrall he has been the center of attention since the times of WarCraft II ranging from the unreleased game with him as the protagonist all the way to Warlords of Draenor. He has always been the immensely powerful shaman who was brought to new ridiculous heights in the Cataclysm where he was essentially buffed up to the powers of a aspect. But despite being this almost all-powerful shaman he could not wield the elements against Garrosh in the Siege of Orgrimmar even though the other shamans controlled by the players clearly could, why is this? This is the part where I am going to analyze the entire story of Thrall and try to find a reasonable explanation why these things that don't add up together is in the story and let me just tell you the answer I have found is AMAZING!

I would argue that in truth Chris Metzen is Thrall and that Azeroth is his imaginative view of the world. Sounds crazy? Lets look at all the events in Thralls life his parents died while he was still very young and he was taken into a prison for orcs. This one's fairly simple, Metzens parents died and he became an orphan, he was as such taken into an orphanage where he was unable to be adopted due to his delusional nature. He saw this "Blackmoore" who was in truth only the caretaker of the orphanage. Metzen saw himself as a prisoner and burned down what he saw as the internment camp (in truth the orphanage) killed this "Blackmoore" several orphans and caretakers burned in the fire Metzen had started to burn down his orphanage and as a result he was able to escape into Azeroth where he was accepted as the leader of the orcs. In truth Metzen did not escape into the real world but was taken into an psychiatric hospital where he met like minded individuals who were also living in their made up worlds. Pretty early on Metzen met a boy his own age who he came to know as "Grommash Hellscream" and togheter they sent themselves deeper and deeper into their imaginary world. Understanding this the staff at the hospital realized the effect the two boys where having on one another and an attempt to separate the two boys to different hospitals was issued. Metzen would come to know the people who struggled for this separation as the Burning Legion and Metzen found himself unable to fight this union. As a result, in one desperate frenzy "Grommash" struck out and murdered one of the staff supporting the separation whom Metzen knew as "Mannoroth" as a result "Grommash" was moved to a different more high-secured psychiatric hospital which Metzen interpreted as "Grommashs" death. Metzen as a result swiftly gained sympathy from the other patients and they wanted vengeance for "Grommash". He got the help of three of the patients "Tyrande", "Malfurion" and "Jaina" whom all worked together to take down the "Burning Legion"and managed to assassinate one of its heads, "Archimonde". Unable however to prove anyone guilty all four remained within the same hospital but the other three after aiding Metzen in his revenge of "Grommash" Jaina returned to her gang known as "the Alliance" and managed to recruit "Tyrande" and "Malfurion" to her gang. That's the story of WarCraft II & III the following story mainly follows the story of two rival gangs, "the Horde" and "the Alliance".

Not much happens in Vanilla outside of the gang wars but in TBC the brother of young "Grommash", "Garrosh" arrives at the hospital where he's quickly recruited by Metzen. "Garrosh" has been told awful stories of his brother and is ashamed but Metzen reassures him and tells him that his brother (who in Metzens world is "Garroshs" father) was a hero. There is a good reason why both "Garrosh" appears and the "Legion" returns, some of the staff is uncomfortable having the brother of "Grommash" in the hospital considering how negative an impact his brother had on Metzen. Once again a war rages between the staff and the patients and this time the patients manage to pull a victory managing to get the figure head of the "Legion" movement, "Kil'Jaeden" fired. This is done by none other than the member of a neutral group known to Metzen as the "dragons" with their leaders being known as the "aspects". Metzen starts idolizing this group who is in neither of the two gangs, but instead want to create peace between the two and help all trapped in delusional worlds. After a while of thinking Metzen left the "Horde" gang and went onto joining the "dragons" leaving his good friend "Garrosh" in charge. Metzen quickly rose to the rank of leader within his new group and he saw himself as an aspect, those which he had idolized and his megalomania rose to knew heights.

Then one day came when Metzens friend "Garrosh" betrayed him and started telling Metzen that his world wasn't real, none of this fantasy of the "Alliance" and the "Horde" was real and that he needed to realize the truth. This betrayal made the two gangs unite to fight "Garrosh" and rid the world of his lies forever. This is why "Thrall" is the only shaman who can't fight "Garrosh", because of the backstabbing Metzen is now questioning his world of Azeroth and is unable to fight "Garrosh". We the players, in reality patients in psychiatric hospital are fighting "Garrosh" and trying to bring Metzen back into his imaginary world which we eventually succeed with vanquishing any influence that "Garrosh" ever had. And this where the main story of the two brothers and the Legion ends, for now.

But wait you're saying what about the Scourge, the Old Gods, Deathwing, what were they? Glad you asked look at what they all say as they think they're about to succeed. The Lich King says "Azeroths fall will come at their hands", Deathwing says "I will tare this world apart" and Yogg-Saron says "the end of days is finally upon you and all who inhabit this miserable little seedling". These are not some mighty arcane beings, these are all members of the hospitals staff who are trying to tare apart these children's imaginary worlds and the characters who die, like Garrosh, Cairne and Malygos don't actually die, they are kids who accept the world for what it is and become functioning members of society. WarCraft was never a story of brave heroes standing up against evil but kids with a tragic past attempting to escape the sadness of their real lives.

So, what do you think pretty amazing, huh?

Level 12
This is nowhere near amazing. You lost me at "Chris Metzen is Thrall" I mean, Jesus man, really? I honestly thought you were gonna dive into deep WarCraft lore shit that was mentioned behind the scenes :p but I was disappointed when you suddenly just narrated WarCraft's plot with a realist's perspective

Level 24
This is nowhere near amazing. You lost me at "Chris Metzen is Thrall" I mean, Jesus man, really? I honestly thought you were gonna dive into deep WarCraft lore shit that was mentioned behind the scenes :p but I was disappointed when you suddenly just narrated WarCraft's plot with a realist's perspective

I dig deep into the lore every day I thought now it was time for something different. ;)

Level 24
I still like Thrall. Fight me.

Puny insect!

cool-gif-kitten-fighting-big-cat-hit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.