• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The true form of the Xel'Naga

Status
Not open for further replies.
While browsing the Scwiki, my eye saw two images. The first one, tagged "Xel'Naga" was this:
723px-Xel_Naga_by_MuEmil.jpg

Now, you might say, "How is this a xel'naga?".
I said i saw TWO images.

Xel_Naga_inscription_by_MuEmil.jpg

/discuss

Level 26
lol, you sound like this is suppose to be some sort of fucking spectacular revelation. Its been alluded to, hinted and and nigh blatantly 'said' multiple times now that the xel naga are the combination of zerg and protoss.
Apparently there are some lore books about it where they explain it thoroughly.

xelnaga mutated/influenced the evolution of two species that became the zerg and protoss, one to imitate the 'essence' and one to imitate the 'form' of the xelnaga. (zerg and protoss respectively), but some shit went down and the zerg turned on the xelnaga, they became feral and out of control, mutated too quickly and killed all the xel naga before their plan was complete (the plan was that the zerg and protoss were eventually suppose to evolve together and naturally create a new race of xelnaga, plus some shit about the xelnaga doing this cycle since forever)

^SPOILERBITCH!^

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You seem to be forgetting that the hybrid are responsible of converting everything to the void as part of the master plan of that "dark voice" guy (forget his SC2 name) who is a xelnaga.

The interesting thing to note is that both the protoss and the zerg have to be completly anihilated inorder for his master plan of the ultimate void to be complete. The hybrid however do not which means that they are possibly enhanced with the very essence of the void (and draw their power from it) which would explain why they are meant to be virtually invincible to the terrans (not just a zerg protoss mixture). This would also explain how he controls the hybrids (as he controls the void and they tap into the void he is able to issue them commands from anywhere in existance). This would also explain why the dark protoss were so willing to follow Hybrid Marr when Zeratul came (as the dark protoss learned to draw energy from the void).

Another thing to be noted is the Xelnaga artifact. The one used by the Dominion and Raynor Raiders to convert Kerrigan back to a more human form. Not only does it totally obliterate most zerg material exposed to it but it also is meant to kill any protoss which are foolish enough to near it (terrans are only not effected by it due to their lack of dependence on psyonic energy to live). This makes the artifact the ultimate weapon in destroying both of the xelnaga creations. Them being whiped out by the zerg when they had the technology to create such weapons is most wierd.

Finally is the fact that the hybrid are able to command zerg. This is important if they are to suceede as unlike the terrans, the protoss do seem able to damage them most effectivle (because their weapons are designed to combat both the zerg and themselves). Without the zerg support, it is almost garunteed that his plan will fail. This is were Kerrigan plays an important part, for without her being reverted to human like form the zerg would remain forever slaves of some undenyable will (was the queen of blades). With the gift of free will that the zerg receive in HotS, they are unable to be controled by the hybrid and thus changing the parts leading up to the time of the overminds vision.

What happened to the remaining xelnaga? Why is there only 1 left? I have a feeling this individuals lust for powers was the downfall of his bretheren. Additionally, with exception of Kerrigan, everything has been going acording to plan for him.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
He is clearly a Xel Naga. The way he says the zerg and protoss had purposes hints that he has been around since their dawn. His extreem knowledge of xel-naga technology (including the protoss and the zerg) is also to be expected of a Xel naga (who made them). The way he refers to Hybrid as "my ultimate creation" infront of the protoss generally means he was atleast part responsible for the creation of the protoss or zerg. As he admits creating the Hybrid, this means Dr Narud (or Duran) is eithor acting as his avatar as he is stuck in the void or is none other than him in disguise.

His goal is nothing less than to destroy existance itself by converting it to the void.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Mengsk authorised the project. Infact when he found out about what actually was happening even someone as ruthless as him deauthorised the project. Raynor arrived in the lab shortly before it was about to be shut down, with force.

Mengsk posses neithor the knowhow or the intension to create such a powerful being that can not be controled. He believes in control and the terran race. Creating Hybrid creatures that obey no one but the dark voice certainly is not something he would willingly want.

Level 22
I read some alien-related conspiracies some time ago. Now I know where all the sci fi movies and I mean ALL of them take their ideas from. In this case what Blizzard tells is one of them according to a (fake) story of a Colonel X, there has been:

From the book of A. Sanchez:

'First are the Progenitors; aliens from the Sirius system. Second are the Anu (Anunna,
possibly the same as the Anunnaki from Ancient Sumer); their genetically enhanced
offspring the Progenitors. Third is the Austra Albus; the offspring of the Anu, and finally

This doesn't exactly tell that from one alien species two were created but the plot is similar.

Now here is another called Lacerta that talks about two rival species being in war for a long time. It still talks about creating the Greys, so there is the relation of Xel'Naga creating Protoss.

Now you DO know that Xelnaga being a primary alien race created Zerg and Protoss is taken from these stories OR another story talking about the same. And I've always imagined the Protoss being Blizzard's version of Greys and Zerg - well most likely taken from 'Alien' series. TBH I dont give a f about SC2 Lore just came up to my mind where all such sci fis come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.