• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Trader's Polygon

Reactions: HuanJuan and Legeon
221016-f13cd78faa8bca77bb69d0045f163363.png
Contents

The Trader's Polygon (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Nice to see another map from you, and again it's quite a large one. Overall in terms of gameplay the map is alright. Creepcamps and itemdrops are sensible; the rune of rebirth is an outlier but for large teamgame maps, why not? Sure some creeps might...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Nice to see another map from you, and again it's quite a large one.

Overall in terms of gameplay the map is alright. Creepcamps and itemdrops are sensible; the rune of rebirth is an outlier but for large teamgame maps, why not? Sure some creeps might aggro by accident, but that's mostly the shops and the chances are high that they will be killed early on anyway.
Where I still see room for improvement:
1. Visually the map is quite basic and looks very boring in many locations, mostly due to there being large patches of single tiles and very few doodas. But it makes for a very nice minimap. I'm ok with this since I know that decorating large maps is a lot of work, but be aware that to appeal to a larger audience, upgraded visuals would certainly help.
2. No good earlygame creeproutes: There are very few small creepcamps both in general and specifically near the spawn locations. This will throw a wrench into many of the standard gameplans that center around creeping to lvl 2/3 quickly.
3. Units/workers can sneak between the trees and the clifffs behind the main bases, destroy some trees and attack the main bases from behind (for example by building towers). This is because there are gaps between the trees and the cliffs. This could be annoying to play against and normally should not be possible.

Ofc it would be nice if some improvements were made but the map as it is right now, is in a playable state. Approved.