• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

the tileset problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
This way

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 103
Level 2
You could use World Editor Unlimited to add up to about 20 different tiles (from what I remember), and none of the tiles have values like they do in the regular editor. So if you have a cliff tile worth 2 tiles, it's still only counted as 1 terrain tile.

You can find WEU here:
World Editor Unlimited - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Use the WE Enhancer to add the tiles. Once you've opened the WE Enhancer, click "Edit Map", open your map and then it should be easy from there.

I suggest you don't use WEU for much else other than terrain tiles. The enhanced triggers are buggy for the most recent update for Warcraft 3.

Level 2
But remember that you can only use a given "number" of additional tilesets and you can't put some of them out of your map...

True, which is also a buggy factor of WEU. I just tested it and was able to get up to 16 usable tiles.

@Palaslayer: I think 16 is the max amount of tiles for any editor, but only 12 tile values for the regular editor. How many different tiles and tile values are you using so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.