• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The team colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Matter to me a lot. You see my fave is the Blizzard blue color and if what I see on this pic is true - OMG! I edited my war3.mpq to replace a team color with a Blizzard blue, so right now im using it. What do I see:

ss4.jpg

Is what I see for Rodin's color Blizzard color as in, not teal?

I need to make sure im not color blinded and this is really blue, not teal at ROdin's pic. They are saying they may bring brown, and white as well, so this cant be all players or all colors! But I hope this is blue.

Level 6
Blizzard was saying a while back that they were planning on 16-18 team colors excluding black(however, it will still be in the editor). Although, they said it doesn't mean they will have 18 players. Probably 12 like in WC3.

Last edited:
Level 6
I hope they let us use White on Snow maps and Green on Jungle maps. It just looks cool. I understand they couldn't in Starcraft due to balance problems in multyplayer, but now we have the options to change the colors of the enemies to red and alleys to teal in the mini map , so it shouldn't be an imbalance problem anymore.

Level 6
According to the picture he posted there is also white and gray. Brown should also be expected.

By the way, Rodin's team color in the picture above is teal(not blue). Its the same teal Blizzard has been using since WC2.

Last edited:
Level 6
After looking at that picture above and the screenshots that I have seen, here are the colors:

Blue, Red, Purple, Green, Orange, Yellow, Pink, Teal, White, Gray and Lime. Those are the colors I have seen them use. I expect Brown to be included as well. That makes 12 team colors excluding Black which will be available in the editor. As I said before Blizzard stated that they may have anywhere from 16-18 team colors. I can't believe I forgot yellow.

Last edited:
Level 22
And i thought i was color blinded -.-

On the left is the SC2 color from the pic that some may call 'teal' and on the right is the war3 teal team color.

Doesnt look like teal to me, and that's the color I like to have as main. It still isn't Blue or Blizzard blue enough.

Level 6
I don't know. It looks more Teal than Blue. I wander what Blizzard will call it. The WC3 Green wasn't really green and it was different than the SC and SC2 green. It was a really bright green, so with that said I don't know what Blizzard will call this Greenish, blueish color. I think they will call it teal.

Status
Not open for further replies.