• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Offense] The Talespinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Necropolis 2

158564-albums1390-picture63254.jpg

Mareph, Jewel of the Sands.
Long has it been since a king ruled from the gilded throne on her rock cut towers.
When nobles gazed from their ivory pinnacles and the vagabonds squatted in the cayon gutters far below.
Only one soul remembers those ages in their entirety, and every day she relives them.
All the memories of the souls locked in the silent halls.

From Arzahat's defeat of the Scarab Kings of Yore.
Through Urshan's Wall and her taming of the rains.
From the peace years following Janus's trails.
To kingdom's end at the hand of Ilamuzt the Mad.

The greatest lesson that comes from the past is history.
For a small fee She will reveal all.

NECROPOLIS 2
Genre: Strategy, Zone Control
Players: 2-6

General

Basics

The Talespinner is official and long overdue sequel to Necropolis, a zone control map from 2008 or is it 2009, I dont remember.
The map has gone a long way since its original days. This version is to be both a sequel in terms of gameplay and lore.

The game puts two team head to head in a contest of small squad zone control.
You basically find Crypts on the map and beat them into submission, neutral or enemy.
These Crypts act as control points and as a score.
Kill enemies, take their buildings, win game. Thats it.

Story

The game depicts one of the countless memories of the Talespinner.
The conductor has served a long and seemingly unending imprisonment in the land of the living.
Occasionally travellers ask of her to reveal the past, other times the suffering dame just needs to quell her boredom.
Either way it means the dead in Mareph rise to relive the battles in which they so valiantly fought those years ago.

Features

• Each Crypt has a themed terrain area
• Arid Terrain thats supports both aesthetics and gameplay
• Unit cap that scales with player count
• Adaptable and upgradeable units

GAME WORLD

Classic
- Game mode, taking Crypts slowly drains the health of the enemy Boneyard. Last team with Boneyard standing wins.

Conquest
- Game Mode, Crypts proivde income instead of score. Won is round by complete annihilation of enemies.

Crypt
- Capture Zone, provides a weak aura to owners. Saps the life of enemy Boneyards on Classic. Provides income on Conquest.

Boneyard
- Unit Spawner, revives heroes. Loses life on enemy capture on classic. Directly attackable in Conquest. Destruction results in defeat.

Vault
- Bonus objective, grants Treasure when killed. Guarded by neutrals.

Tower
- Capturable building, can be upgraded to attack with different weapons. Upgrades are lost on defeat.

Last edited:
Level 8
A Sequel to the Necropolis?! It's still one of my favorite WC3 maps. Definitely looking forward to see more of this. Good luck with the project.

BTW I hope you'll put some kind of AI to this map because it was hard to get a full house playing with the original one.

Level 23
BTW I hope you'll put some kind of AI to this map because it was hard to get a full house playing with the original one.

Personally Ive never liked the idea of substituting players with AI, its a huge effort to make an AI able to play a non melee game and then it barely qualifies most fo the time.

I do know that it is a problem getting a full house, but Id rather make the game more intresting with less players instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.