• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Superior Left Hemisphere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The left hemisphere of the human brain is undoubtedly superior to the right. This is because the left brain is greater in the area of logic, while the right brain is greater in the area of nonsense.

Let us say that a person has two paths ahead of him and must decide which one to take. A mugger is hiding poorly on one of the paths. If he is a right-brainer, he will relate the choice to one that a mythological or religious hero had to make. He will then go the same direction as that hero did. If he is a left-brainer, he will study the two paths, see the mugger waiting for him on one path, and take the other. Thus, the right-brainer will get mugged 50% of the time because he is a noob.

Level 12
*Sighs* This is a very common misunderstanding, niether hemisphere is superior to the other side. The left is not "dedicated" to logic, just as the right is not "dedicated" to creativity and abstraction. Each is fully capable of doing what you ascribe to the other, it is just that one is a little bit better than the other. There are some things which are exclusive to each hemisphere, such as linguistic capabilities and basic algebra, but these are the exception and not the rule.

Veck, according to the outmodled theory you are espousing you find language comprehension to be nonsense. Along with that the ability to make maps, run (but not walk), eat, cook, dress, colour, play games, and write are also "nonsense". My suggestion would be to actually research something before you discuss it, otherwise you might say something stupid to someone who knows about it and they think lower of you for it. :wink:

Wow, I am surprised Dan did not say something about that.

Level 6
I didn't know intelligent people weren't allowed to say stupid things. I know that my post is ridiculous. Now I think lower of you for using knowledge to do intelligence's job. :p LOL. I am crazy by the way.

Level 12
Actually it sounds like you are attempting to make a koan, if so then you need to learn more before you can confound a Taoist 8)

Silence in music
Brings down the highest of thrones
Deadlier than sin

What is the meaning of this haiku?

Level 12
Who is the crazy one; The man who sees the charging dragon or the one who sees nothing? If you were insane how would you know it?

Level 6
It can't be something if it's the absence of something. How can you have something without something?

Level 12
Nothing is the abscense of something, thus is itself something. Nihility is less than this, it is the exact inverse of infinity and thus can not ever be given substance or even exist. In fact there are many (myself included) who propose that due to the concept of nihility one attempts to give it substance, as it is less than an idea. It can no more be realized or known than infinity, which exists as a concept, except nihility is not even that.

Make sense? A void is something as it is something that can be seen by not being there, thus it is realized and does indeed exist.

Level 21
Wow, I am surprised Dan did not say something about that.

arg yes ive been busy with various different things, nice to see you have a good witter about someone saying some irrelivant without doing some background reasearch. and once again you have come out trumps i believe. of crouse there was no need for me to say anything about the hemisphere matter anyways because you were a phychiatrist (or similar) and know your shizzle. i think this is all i know

left is logic orientated but not completely logic - usually causes people to be right handed and shit at drawing.

right is creativity orientated but not completely - inturn give left handers

most people have an even mix of the two, and i have no idea what part controll common sense but even if someone was super creativity i doubt they would go getting mugged, that just stupid, i mean really really dumb.

if you are logic you are good at remembering list and working with numbers and good patients(i think).

creativity give good imigination and body controll but get fustrated easily, however have very happy "bubbly" personalities.

if you sit and talk to some people for a little while you can tell there is a VERY fine line between logic and creativity, and the only way you can eally tell is by intrests, maths vs art if u like :p

correct me where im wrong (which i suspect to be most of it)

as for the nothing-ness thing, well again William is right. i like to think, that if there was nothing, how would u know it was there? so it cant really be there right..

ooh and i got a great example for this

A void is something as it is something that can be seen by not being there, thus it is realized and does indeed exist.

so something black absorbs all colours, there is an absense of colour, but colour is still there because we see black.

Level 6
I don't think we actually see black; we see nothing and call it black. You might say people created black to explain nothing, just like they created deities to explain everything.

Level 6
It exists in our minds. Humans gave "nothing" a name. We made something of nothing.

Level 12
Right, which is why we cannot conceptualize nihility any more so than we can infinity. Black is really the abscense of light, or the lack of it, like a blackhole or the black of the lightless ocean.

Dan, nice to hear from you again and you are very right on all of the points I remember you saying, good job for that. Also props go to you for excplicitly stating that hemispheres do not dominate one thing or the other and how grey of a line there truely exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.