• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Sundering of Outland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The Sundering of Outland
This is something I feel needs to be told.

:goblin_wtf: Why is it in world of warcraft we can kill a boss over and over again? :goblin_wtf:
Yes I know it is because of game mechanics, however I want to givea strong valid Lore reason that can be played.

So I thought/realised that time was the answer.

Basic Story Outline
The Infinite Dragon-flight have achieved the destruction of the Bronze Dragon-flight by destroying them at the formation of the Bronze. As the Bronze flight are the ancestors of the Infinite, they cease to exist.
The repercussions to the time-line cause different parts of the world to exist in different time-lines.
The Orcish War-chief Thrall has Horrible Visions of Ogrimmar filled with the Blood Elves, Naga and the rest of Illadin's Horde. The pain accompanying the vision shows Thrall that Azeroth has started to die from Parts of it ageing quicker than others. The stress on the planet and the elements causes great upheavals in many of the lands of Azeroth in addition to the changed time-lines.
The only land not affected is the tranquil land of Mulgore. It remains Separate from the rest of Azeroth. It is there that the Orcish Horde Starts to Prepare for it's battle to find the ancient artefact known as the Staff of Mawtooth.
The Staff however is in/on/within Outland. And as the Dark Portal never re-opened Outland remains in Illadins control, however the horde does not realise this and not all the Blood elves have joined the Horde.
The Horde meets within Thunder-bluff to discuss the strange goings on. The Trolls do not remember the Blood elves Joining the Horde, the Orcs recall the Undead being their enemies, the Elves Recall the Cataclysm and the Undead still have Varithramas as a leader.
The Tauren maintain Order Among the Horde, however Thrall is slowly fading because of an event in the past, which never occurred in his time-line, but is occurring as they speak. The deeds of the past are always changing.

Any and all help with ideas will be excepted. Also any models made for this, if any are, I hope will be put on the hive for all to use.

Specific Game play ideas
Troll and Tauren specific Units and buildings.
Upgrade Grunts to specific clans.
Also I will implement my finalised town system in the final couple of missions.

People Needed (see I do want you!)
Map maker (two for preference one to start a map give it its basic contours and general doodads, the other to giveit all the final detail)
Lore master (some one for me to bounce ideas off)
Trigger person (jass or triggers I don't mind)

People who would be helpfull (but not essential)
Modeler (in case there is something we can't find)
Skinner (as above)

People On the Project
Thecheesaman (obviously myself)

Also any ideas that people have I will welcome on this thread.

Those who've followed my posts may realise that this is different to the Dwarven RPG that i am making, don't worry it is still in development however I feel this should be done first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.