• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The snow ^^

What do you want with the snow?

• Let it fall!

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Remove it!

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • This should be an option...

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • I don't really care about it...

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This morning I Logged In and it were snowing, in my screen! It's nice and as I write this, the snow is getting at the bottom of my screan.
I'd like to know how you did that and if you don't want to tell me it's your choice but, it's really nice!

Level 2
Yeah, it doesnt lag me. i am using FF, and i am on dial atm. I like the snow, but i can see how some dont, i vote for it to stay. but it should definatly be made as an option.

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

W

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

snow? *looks out of window* what snow? THERE IS NO F**** SNOW HERE AND ITS DRIVING ME MAD!

seriously, I'm in canada... no snow... on december 16...

Level 32
After viewing the snow using eight (yes,eight) different browsers, I find that SOME lag is noticable in all of them. With a broadband connection, the snow lag isn't much of a problem unless I return to a specific page after viewing other pages/sites in new windows/tabs and alot of flakes have accumulated at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks if someone has reedited the snowstorm.js recently: fewer flakesMax and a greater decay for the snowCollect have made it far less intrusive!

Anyone experiencing excessive lag may wish to adjust their internet options to disallow active scripting.

Since I'm a big fan of SFX, on the web or in WCIII, I think it should stay (at least for the hollidays or on the main page).

The demo page includes a "stop snowing" option: might it be added (AYEC) for those who dislike snow?

Level 36
snow? *looks out of window* what snow? THERE IS NO F**** SNOW HERE AND ITS DRIVING ME MAD!

seriously, I'm in canada... no snow... on december 16...

Dude I feel for you. Ontario has gotten crap all for snow too. It's actually raining now. On December 16th in Canada. Freaking unheard of. Anyway, snow lags every now and then in IE but its good for me in FF so do what you want with it XD

Level 15
I dislike the fact that it uses an extra 1% CPU.

However, I already blocked the snow javascript file using FireFox adblock so it's gone for me. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.