• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Slaughter of St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
On the morning of February 27, 2010, St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay announced that he plans on merging all of the counties in Greater St. Louis (St. Louis Metropolitan Area) with the city of St. Louis, creating one large city.
Source: http://pwgirls.x10hosting.com/Upload/showthread.php?tid=5221

Needless to say, this decision has already met with much controversy, with the KSDK news article getting over 300 comments within the first hour. The City of St. Louis is the second largest criminal city in the United States (the first is Denver), do you really want to bring that crime to the counties? I for one have lived in the counties my entire life. Also, who wants to change their city and zip code? Or for that matter, pay higher taxes, and more taxes for that matter. Luckily, the mayor cannot make such a decision on his own, and such a decision requires the cooperation of all county officials and both the Missouri and Illinois senates (or so I believe). So whether you live in St. Louis or not, please come and help save us from the Slaughter of St. Louis, by becoming a member of this Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=329996079159

The following counties are planned by the so called "mayor" to be liquidated:
St. Louis County
West County
Mid County
North County
South County

Other
St. Charles County, MO
Madison County, IL
St. Clair County, IL
Jefferson County, MO
Franklin County, MO
St. Francois County, MO
Lincoln County, MO
Macoupin County, IL
Clinton County, IL
Monroe County, IL
Warren County, MO
Washington County, MO
Jersey County, IL
Bond County, IL
Calhoun County, IL

On a side note
Mayor? Says who? I don't remember voting for him, do you remember voting for him? That's right, the people who are going to be affected (people in the counties) can't even vote for the "mayor" of St. Louis, so we don't have a say in what he says or does. What gives that "person" the right to make such an accusation and pure slanderous comment towards us Missourians?

Level 35
That is a violation of his mayoral powers....as well as Taxation without Representation. Clearly this is an audacitous move on his part, and I would say he is overstepping State Legislature, and Federal Law.

If I recall correctly...county boundaries are a State issue, not a local government concern. He's messing hierarchy...and I don't think people are going to like it much, what he has apparently started doing is a good way to get shot.

Luckily, I'm sure enough complaints to a higher level in the hierarchy will get him quickly sanctioned, possibly even impeached.

Level 4
That is a violation of his mayoral powers....as well as Taxation without Representation. Clearly this is an audacitous move on his part, and I would say he is overstepping State Legislature, and Federal Law.

If I recall correctly...county boundaries are a State issue, not a local government concern. He's messing hierarchy...and I don't think people are going to like it much, what he has apparently started doing is a good way to get shot.

Luckily, I'm sure enough complaints to a higher level in the hierarchy will get him quickly sanctioned, possibly even impeached.

I know, and what's worse is his reasoning why. He claims he wants "provide a cheap public transportation system for all Missourians" lol, yeah right. Him and his predecessors have made no efforts in the past to extend the metrolink to the county. Sounds like he just wants to dump the city's problems on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.