• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Rise of Humans

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Campaign that i made. No where near finished but here's what i done so far. It's the story of how the Human race became a force to be reckoned with in the world of warcraft.

All Campaign Buttons visible so the people who cant complete a level can still try the rest. Will do proper buttons when campaign finished.

Update: Chapter 5 - The Collection, has now been added. This is a slight twist to the story and probably the last you'll see of a certain race...

Update: June 12th: Chapter 2 - Invincible Tree wall added to stop you from getting round the early counter-attack trigger. The trees that were in the river have now been delete to give it a better feel. A few other trees here and there have also been deleted. File size has very slightly decreased because of this.

Keywords:
Rise, Humans, Campaign
Contents

The Rise of Humans (Campaign)

Reviews
13:08, 30th Jun 2008 Rui: Rejected, it is incomplete and shows an evident lack of quality.

M

13:08, 30th Jun 2008
Rui:
Rejected, it is incomplete and shows an evident lack of quality.

Level 2
actually i'm in the first map.
I like the heroes and idea of training womans as archers XD
but they are a few weird things... in the first mission, why all the gold mine are at the town?? you may place them somewhere out of the town, also the farms should be on the camps. The troll villages should'nt be behind the treewall... because it's only to take down the trees to go to the troll village...

Level 2
actually i'm in the first map.
I like the heroes and idea of training womans as archers XD
but they are a few weird things... in the first mission, why all the gold mine are at the town?? you may place them somewhere out of the town, also the farms should be on the camps. The troll villages should'nt be behind the treewall... because it's only to take down the trees to go to the troll village...

Ill change the tree wall so it has 1 layer of invincible trees :p will be in my next update with next map.

Level 2
Can someone tell me if you get chapter one, the maps called "Zul'azar".

Yes, I can see it no problem.

You clearly have a lot of very good ideas, but sometimes they are let down a little by your triggering ability. With your permission, can I email you a slightly cleaned up version of the map 'Zanezul City' to show you what I mean?

Other than that -
It is possible to keep all three heroes alive in Zanezul City - you might want to consider making sure you cannot complete the mission without the plot-critical death occuring
You cannot upgrade the archers at the blacksmith - you need 'Strength of the Moon', not 'Black Gunpowder'
Wind Walk is overpowered in the 'Path to Zanezul City' - you can run past all the enemies. You could give some of them 'True Sight' ability to stop this
In Zanezul City, the Hall of Gates is too long - its very boring manually forcing a hero to target each individual gate.

Other than that, I'm very happy to help you with any triggers you're stuck on, and I hope to see the next installment soon!

Level 2
So this took about 2 hours. It doesn't use any complicated triggers, so hopefully you can follow what I've done.

I also tried to get rid of as much empty space as possible - empty space looks bad, and makes games boring, whereas doodads, units and smaller spaces make games interesting to look at and play

Try playing my version and see if the few triggers and couple of hours spent on doodads make any difference for you

Attachments

• Defence of Zulknell Village - Froolow Edit.w3x
    167.4 KB · Views: 128
Level 2
I tried to download this and several other campaigns, but when they are downloaded they are only showed as "file" and not "Warcraft 3 campaign", so I can't play them. Anyone who knows how to solve this?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Going to test it. I will edit this post when I'm done.

EDIT:
OK, this is getting Rejected.
Review
[-]Various bugs and wrong stuff, like bridges are badly placed, dialogues passing too fast, spell buttons wrongly placed, useless upgrades (Black Gunpowder available while Archers use Strength of the Moon, for example).
[-]Heroes cost food, and the guy with Arthas model has Chaos damage.
[-]Quests need more work.
[-]Terrain lacks elevation and ground texture variation. It is plain and boring.
[-]Lore is confusing. The worst part of it though, is "yay, good idea, let's put women to fight". I mean, what the hell?
[-]Map borders removed. Like you're walking to the end of the world :/
[-]No interlinks or caches used whatsoever.
[-]Incomplete, against the Hive Workshop's Submission Rules. They are there for a reason.

An evident lack of quality.
My rating for this resource is, obviously, 1/5 (Unacceptable), you really have to work this out, and I mean A LOT.

Last edited: