• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Return of Sum Ability help for sum guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'M BACK

actually what happened is that i suffered a fatal harddrive melt down and I lost everything, I just finally made up all the lost progress (plus me procrastinating)

Alright so If anyone will help me with some triggers for abilities that would be of much help

Alright first off i need a trigger that will cause 4 turrets a spawn when a building is summoned (via an ability similar to pocket factory) and the turrets need to die with the building. I need them placed around the building, 1 at each corner of the building in the center of the 4. Oh and I need it so that if there is multiple versions of the turret building that it gets replaced (similar to misha but with multiple types of abilities for one hero, variations of the turrets so they're not spammed)

Second I need an aura that'll give everyone around the hero critical strike

Third I need a trigger to toggle abilities from one aura to another. Similar to the power treads affect from DOTA. In the end there will need to be 2 auras at level 1, 3 at level 2, 4 at level 3 and so on.

Finally (for now) I need an ability that causes a hero to go kamikaze after like a 3 second timer shown on the screen. After the epic countdown he will explode causing massive AOE damage to everyone around him. But then he is put under the same effect as reincarnation, so he'll come back in a few seconds.

I know that this is complicated stuff but that's why I'm asking

Level 17
Have no idea on how to make the first 1 i'm afraid.

The 2 auras aren't hard to make at all, in fact i've made a bash aura using bash as dummy ability. I'll see if i can lurk it up(don't have acess to it now.)

The last shouldn't be very hard to make either, but i'm too lazy to do that.

Have you tried triggering these yourself or searched the forums? becuz i've put up my "aura system" twice already, all you need to do is change the dummy ability.

Level 17
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f269/help-custom-aura-87211/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f269/strength-aura-damaging-aoe-spell-help-87121/

Didn't search very well, did you =P
Anyways, here they are, this should cover the aura.

The toggle in dota is made so that when you activate a dummy spell you loose your item and gets a new one, instantly so that it appears that you just changed it.
If you're only going to use 2 auras then use Robogoblin ability. Just make it so that he has 1 of the abilities in regular form, and the other in alternate. This is how Troll's(from dota also) change to melee form is done.

Level 3
alright this one's a lil funky too, I need an ability where the hero shoots 6 or more times really fast, then can't shoot for a set ammount of seconds

Level 17
Base the ability on Berserk or similar, increase the attack speed to a special amount.
Also create a dummy spell based on silence, make it's area of effect around 100 and set it to prevent ranged attacks instead of spells.

Now triggers! Create a trigger that activates another trigger when you activate your spell. The other trigger should have the event - a unit is attacked, conditions - (attacking unit) has buff (your buff) equal to true.
Create an integer variable.
Add an action in the attack trigger.

Actions
If (variable) is less than 7
Then
Set (variable) to ((variable) + 1)
Else
Set (variable) to 0
Create dummy
Add (dummy silence) to (last created unit)
Order (last created unit) to cast (dummy silence) at (position of (attacking unit))

This should do it, the only problem is that if your unit is fast enough or is blinked or teleported at the wrong time, the dummy spell may miss. Maybe you could add some special Classification to that specific unit and make the spell only target those?

PS, did you create the spells i helped you with? if you did, please say so, so that people don't have to waste their time trying to solve a problem already solved.

Level 3
Actually I think I might have my rapidfire solved... the problem is that there needs to be a custom value that equals the damage of the unit? any way to do that

and I actually found my own solution to the abilities that I've posted... thanks anyway

here's another one, I need someway to have a chain lightening style ability... that causes every unit hit by the lightening to explode and spawn a ghoul

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
2 things.
  1. So did you find a solution to your first ability you posted? (turrets spawn and all that) cuz I have a solution to that if you do not.
  2. I looked up what can be target (for units) and I could not find anything related to the group of harmed units. So I don't think the one with the lightning is possible (although a very very very cool idea :grin:)... In GUI at least... :thumbs_up:

Level 3
No I didn't find a solution to the first

And I actually have a different idea for the second, a modified shadow strike that once the buff is on the unit it gets an ability to infect another friendly unit, after 5 seconds it'll be forced to use it on a random friendly within a certain radius of the unit then the original will spawn a ghoul and explode... after passing on the infection to another unit for a certain amount of times

Level 5
Ok then solution to the first!

• Spawn Turret thing
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Pocket Turret Thing
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Building that spawns turrets
                  • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Turrets
              • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Casting unit))
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Turrets for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by (99.00, 99.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 60.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Turrets for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by (99.00, 99.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
The generic expiration timers are there to ensure that if this building lasts for 60 secs, the turrets last for 60 secs as well.

Also, in all of the (99.00, 99.00) for coords of the offset, put in what ever range you want. One thing though, that code right there might glitch if there was a unit in the way, then it would make it next to the unit instead of those coords. If you don't that you can make a separate code in the beginning to remove/ move any unit that could possible be in the way. This would ensure that that would not happen. And you can probably use the offset idea to locate them.

Have fun with that one! Its a unique one... :grin:

Level 40
For some reason, this thread strikes me as win, so here we are.

(On an unrelated note, please don't double post within 48 hours)

The chain lightning ability;

While your Shadow Strike idea could work, you could modify it a bit to be pretty much perfect.

Make a new dummy unit (I assume you know how, if not, say), and an ability based off Finger of Death which deals 999 damage (FoD causes people to Explode, as well as adds a lightning effect!)

Now, here we go (Uses Point variables TempPoint and LastTempPoint, Unit Group variable TempGroup, Unit variable TempUnit, and Integer variable TempInt);

• Chain Ghoul
    • Events
      • Unit - A Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability Being Cast) Equal to (Chain Ghoul)
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast)
      • Set LastTempPoint = (Position of (Triggering Unit))
      • For Each Integer TempInt from 1 to BOUNCES, do Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of TempUnit)
          • Set TempGroup = (Units within YOUR ABILITY BOUNCE RADIUS of TempPoint matching (YOUR FILTER)
          • Unit - Create 1 Ghoul for (Owner of (Triggering Unit) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 DummyUnit for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) at LastTempPoint, facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add DummyFingerOfDeath to (Last Created Unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last Created Unit) to Neutral Archimonde - Finger of Death TempUnit
          • Unit - Add a 2 second Generic expiration timer to (Last Created Unit)
          • -------- The order may be different, guessing here... --------
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_LastTempPoint)
          • Set LastTempPoint = TempPoint
          • Set TempUnit = (Random unit from TempGroup)
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
          • If (All Conditions are True) Then do (Then actions) Else do (Else actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • TempUnit Equal to No Unit
            • Then - Actions
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
          • Wait .01 Seconds

Last edited:
Level 5
Ooh!!! Finger of death!

PurplePoot gave me an idea for the chain lighting ability. I am not sure if the special effect will transfer from unit to unit however, what you could do is add to what he posted a code where it picks units in range of the target and randomly pick 1 out of them (these units will have to be enemies) and then you repeat the same effect on them. You would repeat this as many times you want (your lightning bounces 5 times, repeat that 5 times just each time the target on which the range is based off of should be the one your ability is bouncing to.

This would make it "seem" like its a chain lightning ability but really its not. :wink:
Once again, I don't think you can create a "chain lightning" effect on all of the units.

Last edited:
Level 40
All this does is have dummies cast FoD over and over. Assuming there isn't a horrible flaw in my code (barring what I wrote below), then it should display perfectly fine.

However, that raises the point that I messed something up (accidentally made the lightning go from new target to new target and thus not look right, though still perform fne). Looks like MUI will have to go for a GUI version for it to look right...

Level 5
All this does is have dummies cast FoD over and over. Assuming there isn't a horrible flaw in my code (barring what I wrote below), then it should display perfectly fine.

However, that raises the point that I messed something up (accidentally made the lightning go from new target to new target and thus not look right, though still perform fne). Looks like MUI will have to go for a GUI version for it to look right...

My bad, I just skimmed through your trigger instead of reading it. :hohum:

Level 3
Alright I got a better idea for the chain ghoul ability... almost like chain lightening in slo mo:grin:

Pretty much I need a trigger that causes the chain ghoul to be cast on ONE UNIt... after three seconds this unit explodes and becomes a ghoul but right before it explodes it passes on the infection in the form of another shadowstrike that's added to the unit and cast right before death. This'll occur for a certain amount of bounces, levels need to increase the amount of bounces (that's the problem I see with you're solution there's no accounting for the number of bounces or levels)

But if someone has a better solution then giving a unit an ability and forcing it to be used (might be glitchy) go ahead and say it

On another note... thanks for everyone's help, you're really good sports about all of this

And a final word... I still need help with the rapid fire, pretty much it's an ability (think stormbolt) that causes a unit to do it's damage 6 or so times, while making sounds, after this ability is finished the unit needs to not be able to attack while playing another sound (the reloading) and having an effect over it's head

Level 40
(that's the problem I see with you're solution there's no accounting for the number of bounces or levels)
All you need to do is set change the max bounces to a factor involving ability level.

But if someone has a better solution then giving a unit an ability and forcing it to be used (might be glitchy) go ahead and say it
Like above? :eek:

Anyways, all you need to do to make mine work as so is modify the Wait and move some stuff around. This should work (Note: the FoD ability should not do any damage):

• Chain Ghoul
    • Events
      • Unit - A Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability Being Cast) Equal to (Chain Ghoul)
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast)
      • Set LastTempPoint = (Position of (Triggering Unit))
      • For Each Integer TempInt from 1 to BOUNCES, do Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 DummyUnit for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) at LastTempPoint, facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add DummyFingerOfDeath to (Last Created Unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last Created Unit) to Neutral Archimonde - Finger of Death TempUnit
          • Unit - Add a 2 second Generic expiration timer to (Last Created Unit)
          • -------- The order may be different, guessing here... --------
          • Wait 3 Seconds
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of TempUnit)
          • Set TempGroup = (Units within YOUR ABILITY BOUNCE RADIUS of TempPoint matching (YOUR FILTER)
          • Custom script: call SetUnitExploded(udg_TempUnit,true)
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage TempUnit, dealing 99999999 damage of Normal attack type and Magic damage type
          • Unit - Create 1 Ghoul for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
          • Set LastTempPoint = TempPoint
          • Set TempUnit = (Random unit from TempGroup)
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
          • If (All Conditions are True) Then do (Then actions) Else do (Else actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • TempUnit Equal to No Unit
            • Then - Actions
              • Custom script: exitwhen true
            • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.