• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

sum ability help for sum guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm working on a gladiator arena, this is more of a project for me and some friends to screw around via LAN so you probably won't see it. I'm planning to ask for help with multiple abilities as time goes on, but for now I just want help on this one

I'm trying to make a unit with a special minigun, one of his abilities is that every time he attacks, his attack speed increases and his armor goes down. I also want it too stack.
A timer system would also be great, like 20 seconds between attacks and he loses either one or all of his attack buffs

Also I am trying to modify clusterrockets so that instead of targeting an area he automatically shoots rockets all round himself

Level 12
Um, no, that would shoot out some rockets, dealing damage to one unit.
Shortly for the rockets:
Dummy spell Dummy unit Add Cluster rockets to it, cast cluster rockets at location of the casting unit.

Level 24
Easy.

Listen to spwin.

About the minigun.

Armour is a pain. To adjust armour you have to have a devotion aura that targets self and increses with level/# of attacks. Do the same thing for his attack speed with an endurance aura with no ms bonus.

Level 3
wow thanks for all the help... I scrapped the minigun idea for instead a rocket launcher that the unit can enter a state where he fires fast as hell, but any hit will cause him to explode

also I scrapped the clusterrockets idea for one where he calls in an airstrike, I'm just playing around with the triggers to find out what works

Last edited:
Level 3
and what I mean is summoning a beacon that tell another unit via triggers to shoot over at the beacon.

well I don't have any more questions about abilities (for now) but I was wondering if someone could either tell me or give me a link to how to put an image in place of the map preview

and also how do I make a trigger to order a unit to cast a custom ability?

Level 7
I'm not totally sure about this, but in your ability find the 'Order String - Use/Turn On' field. If it's a target-unit ability like you want it to be (Death Pact for example) then the trigger would just be this:
  • Unit - Order unit1 to Undead Death Knight - Death Pact unit2
Like I said, I'm not 100% sure about this, but it might work.

Level 12
Hold shift and press enter or pres shift and double click on the field you want to enter negative values in.

Level 3
thanks for helping

is there an ability that is activated (auto self target) and causes the unit's regeneration to increase

that and I tried it and it gave me an error I just don't know if it's my own crappy scripting, the unit name is barrage tower level 1 and the ability is barrage level 1 the ability is in neutral hostile

also I want to know how to script a condition to check what level a hero ability is

I also need to know how to randomly generate a number in the triggers then make a trigger act upon what number (for a % chance to do ____)

Last edited:
Level 7
> I also need to know how to randomly generate a number in the triggers then make a trigger act upon what number (for a % chance to do ____)

You would use this.
  • Actions
    • Set integervar = (Random integer number between 1 and 10)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • integervar Less than or equal to 20
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
20 is the percent of chance.

Level 24
I think that you have your values wrong.

It should be:

• Random
    • Events
      • Your Event
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set RandomNumber = (Random real number between 0.00 and 10.00)
        • If - Conditions
          • RandomNumber Greater than or equal to 2.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Your actions if 20% chance suceeds
        • Else - Actions
The way you had it it had a 100% chance of doing.

Generate a number less than 10. If neumber smaller tha 20. . .

I think you see the flaw.

Level 3
ok maybe I should elaborate a bit more, A unit with a certain ability attacks, the attacking unit is equal to the unit type and he had the ability learned, the attacked unit has life equal too or less than 10% of it's total. Then generate the random number and if the ability is level 1, have the number be less than or equal too 10 to do the effect, for the ability level 2 have the number be less than or equal too 15% if the ability is level 3 then have the number be less than or equal to 20% for the effect to take place

I know this is a bit complicated... but thankyou for you're help and I'll give credit too all of you (just incase one of the friends releases it online)

Level 24
Hmm, will upload trig in one second.

• Random
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Your Unit
          • (Life of (Attacked unit)) Greater than or equal to ((Max life of (Attacked unit)) / 10.00)
    • Actions
      • Set RandomNumber = (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • (Level of Your Ability for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 1
              • RandomNumber Less than or equal to 10.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Level one effect
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
                • Conditions
                  • (Level of Your Ability for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 2
                  • RandomNumber Less than or equal to 15.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Level two effect
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                    • Conditions
                      • (Level of Your Ability for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 3
                      • RandomNumber Less than or equal to 20.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Level three effect
                • Else - Actions
This should do it.

Level 3
WOOHOO it works (and looks really cool with the thunderclap special effect added to it) now just to add a few sound effect triggers

now I still need help with my artillery strike

The hero places a beacon (a modified sentry ward) then I need to order a tower further away to cast a modified cluster rockets onto the area of the becon

Last edited:
Level 24
Uhhh, really easy. Will upload trigger soon.

• Your Ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Your Ability
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Order TowerUnit to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets TempPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Last edited:
Level 3
I did a bit of editing to make it so the more levels you have in the ability the more waves are sent... thanks it looks great too

Hawk you are a god amongst mere mortals

Level 10
P.s. FFS people stop messing up my nick :D
Off Topic: Add something which warns people to write your nick correct. Like " It's not spwin, it's not sipwn,.... IT'S SPIWN!"

Looks like you had a lots of questions to ask eh. I would suggest you to read some basic tutorials since you got some very simple problems. If you still can't do the thing you've wanted then ask. That's a better way of learning.

Level 3
alright this one is stumping me, I'm trying to make a system were an ability puts a buff on someone that makes them attack faster when they're attacked, it won't stack. But also it needs to have 5 levels... this one just has me flat out stumped

Level 24
Hmmm, wait one second.

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Acid Bomb) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Acid Bomb to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit) to ((Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit)) + Level of ability (your ability))
          • Wait 5.00 seconds
          • Unit - Set level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit) to ((Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit)) - Level of ability (your ability))
        • Else - Actions
This should do. Replace Acid bomb with your buff. And set level of an endurance aura that has many level (minuimum 100) and increases attack speed by 1% each level.

A small glitch is tomes of retraining or learning an extra level part way through.

Level 3
actually you can't use that abuse, it's a gladiator arena and I can set a condition so that the only time it fires if a unit belonging to the creeps is pressed

Level 3
ugh I meant if I use "unit is attacked" I can set it so the unit belongs to creeps as a condition for the ability to fire, so you can't just have an ally to attack you to keep the ability going

Level 3
Alright here's another idea that I need help with, I want a hero that can change firing modes, so either he attacks really fast, but his armor is crap or the opposite, but I need a way to do this without there being two seperate heroes

Level 12
Disabling one attack with upgrades or silence and enabling the other.
About armor. Hm adding/removing disabled spellbook with a passive that gives armor.

Level 3
I was thinking of modifying an endurance aura and a Unholy aura, then switch off the abilities when the modes are switched, I'm trying that out for now

Level 3
alright I got it, the trigger removes and adds an ability that either adds armor or gives the unit improved attack rate, but slows it down and it has -5 armor without the armor ability

Status
Not open for further replies.