• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Red Line

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I made this map from scratch. I was thinking about Pirates and the idea for a map popped up. It is a map made for 2v2 or FFA. I made some custom units to be the pirates. Also there are 2 bosses that are the same and those of you familiar with an anime called One Piece will recognize some of the names. I hope this gets better rated than the last pile of junk I uploaded.

Keywords:
Red, line, melee, one, piece, pirates
Contents

The Red Line (Map)

Reviews
This map has been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you believe this map review is not accurate, or require another review, please feel free to contact Alexis Septimus via his profile listed below. This map will only be reviewed again, for the second...

M

Review
Notice & Contact
This map has been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you believe this map review is not accurate, or require another review, please feel free to contact Alexis Septimus via his profile listed below. This map will only be reviewed again, for the second and final time, under certain circumstances. Please don't repeatedly ask a mod or admin to review your map, as there are many other resources waiting for approval and it'd be selfish.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, use his
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review

[Yes] Author & map name
[Yes] Map description
[Yes] THW rules & regulation
[Yes] Map in English language
[Yes] No Error/Crash/Fatal error
[No] Quality are acceptable
[Yes] Credit given to custom resources.
[Yes] Not stolen/hack/de-protect map

Condition : Bad
Review : 1

Note : This map have lot's of problem such as the neutral structure position. Placing the goblin laboratory close to player base are not the right thing to do as it would cause a total inbalance in the game since the user could hire a goblin to gather lumber much fast and efficient.

Apart from that, all gold mine must be guarded even if there is a player starting location on it (Except for 1 vs 1 map). All neutral structure except Tavern should be guard by creep, but it doesn't seem to do so in this map.

Item drop are simply inbalance as well such as the elite pirate. Some of it drop level 4 item while some drop level 2 item. Not forge to mention the elite pirate were level 1 creep and all the unit facing position seem to be random as well. The neutral hostile was created in a mass amount at certain part of the map as well.

Terrain were rather flat and poorly develop as well, you should use variation over it to smooth it out. The waterfall position and facing position seems to be bad and look like flowing at abnormal way.

Although this resources follow several criteria, but I do not think the quality is good enough for approval. If you think my review is not fair, feel free to send me a message through visitor message instead of private messaging or you could just request Gilles or Rui to review it. But map that failed to earn my seal of approval at quality would usually get rejected by other mod/admin as well since I am the only mod/admin that are most lenient when it comes to quality control.

Resources unacceptable and rejected.

Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.