• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[The Red Christmas] Writing Contest - 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Amargaard, I beg to differ my friend. Slavic countries celebrate on 24,25 and 26, I'm not sure who celebrates in january but I'm a Slav and I'm sure I know mah dates :D

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

No, they are Slavic I believe. I dug into it and I guess some celebrate in december and others in January - that's why there's no more "Father frost" I think is the correct translation in some countries - It's been replaced by December's Santa. And, yeah I know It's already in the before-mentioned posts but I was tired and hyped last night, sue me :p

Level 19
I thought about this contest, and although it's a nice idea, I wanted to ask if we could change the rules a bit? :)

First of all, I think it's important to state in the first post, that the story must be based on the roleplaying events that have played out all the many days before the release of the entry.
Secondly, I think the deadline should be changed to the 24th - because the 24th is very important to the roleplay we have going on - not letting the actual happenings in the RP thread on the 24th being counted as real lore, would be foolish. I actually believe that this contest should determine the real outcome of the RP, perhaps letting the winning entry be counted as the real story?
Anyways, another good reason for letting deadline being the 24th is that, unlike terraining and drawing, writing doesn't take that long. Of course that depends on the length of the story, but keep in mind that there are no limits on how short the entries must be.

Level 19
After thinking about this for a while - I might want to change back that rule about the 24th, because if we need to base the story on the roleplaying events, then we can't start writing until the 24th - and that is one day 'till deadline by that time, plus it is also Christmas Eve, so few do actually have time to write here. I don't know what to change it to really - just throwing my thoughts out here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.