• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The rebellion of Stormwind

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The rebellion of Stormwind
made by H4MM3R_T1M3

Features:
An AI that can/will do everything that a player can, they will get more gold depending on the computers difficulty.

An ending with Thrall coming to destroy both sides after 24 minutes if a side have not won yet. (Simply add map initialization to events in arrival to test this, spawn some units for your side first.)

Auto-move: Type -am to enable auto movement, select and press S if a unit stops.

Anti-select: Type -as to enable anti-select, you won't be able to use holy light for Tank.

Top view

topviewj.jpg

Western base

scaled.php

Eastern base

scaled.php

Description:
Two months ago the people in Stormwind lived peaceful lives, agreeing with each other.

But something happened, King Wrynn was assassinated.

The people of Stormwind started to argue about whom assassinated King Wrynn,

The arguing got more serious and someone from the western side killed one of the eastern sides people.

The people rebelled and divided into two sides, The Eastern and The Western.

After this the army also rebelled and split into two, protecting their families, even if it meant killing friends from the army.

Thrall and his army are to attack in three days, if one side have not been victorious by this time... then it is party time for the orcs!

Gamplay:
The rebellion of Stormwind is a game where you train units and kill units from the opposite side, there is an income that will give you gold every 3 second, you can increase the amount of money you gain by getting kills, 5 kills = +5 gold income.

You can upgrade the damage and armor of your units in the training center, and research to be able to train Tanks.

If one side have not won within 24 minutes after the game start, Thrall will show up with his army and do a massive earthquake and destroy all your buildings, however, you will not lose by him destroying your buildings, but if all your units die you are a goner.

Changelog:
*released

*Added a changelog
*Reworked the terrain a bit, hopefully making it less plain and boring.

Keywords:
Footmen, Riflemen, Tank, Stormwind, Rebellion, King, wrynn, assassinate, Thrall, Orc
Contents

The rebellion of Stormwind (Map)

Reviews
08:53, 28th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 16
H4MM3R T1M3 please don't double post. The terrain needs to be improved alot, it's just currently all in one tile set with hardly any doodads and its all flat. You need to add a variation of tile sets, add some doodads, add hills, etc to make the terrain more attractive since a flat, green, empty terrain is just too boring to play on. In its current state, the map will not be approved.

Level 9
So I was ganna review this map but I cannot find it in my map folder to test with more than just me. It's there when I browse for files, but refuses to show when I go to host game or custom game.

So...

Judging by what I can see in the opened version using WE:

- Terrain is lacking
- Doing test map, units seem pretty boring and 20hp/sec as a first upgrade is a bit imbalanced
- I read previous posts and they claim this is a re-submitted update, my final tally for this map is:

162343-albums4195-picture39635.png

Level 4
The units are boring indeed, any tips for models or something? Maybe change the weapons with like, every 5 upgrade? Including rifles?

As for the 20hp/s upgrade, It is fairly expensive and 20hp/s isn't really much if you consider the damage units do if upgraded.

And for the terrain, if someone could help me that would be excellent :)

Last edited: