• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Wow, these are all great! :)

I'm going to try to make something for the next one... maybe.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
dood-why-u-gota-be-so-mean.jpg

And Ninja... I haven't updated the Collection in ages... I should do it soon.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Oh.... ok, ok, you little fuckers. Here's your bloody Picture.

This time, I present to you Captain Fat Ass, the Mountain Giant doodad, whom you CANNOT move or shrink in any way. I repeat, you CANNOT move or shrink him. Neither can you delete, hide behind other doodads or lower him. All you can do with him is to tint him so he goes well with the atmosphere you've made. So, I want to see a good terrain with this bloke in it.

20022630ux9.jpg

Usual camera rules apply, as always.

Good luck, have fun, be original, and remember, THIS IS THE IMAGE!

EDIT: YOU CAN SHAPE THE TERRAIN ANY WAY YOU WANT. MY HILLS ARE NOT SIGNIFICANT.

Attachments

• The Picture 6.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 35
Level 36
In my rules there was a rule called: Do NOT touch any hight variation IVE made, but that was generally only if there was anything special with the hight, like in the first pic >.> where that hill was about what the terrain was all about :p

and btw... THIS IS NOT THE IMAGE!!!!!!!!! ITS THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
In my rules there was a rule called: Do NOT touch any hight variation IVE made, but that was generally only if there was anything special with the hight, like in the first pic >.> where that hill was about what the terrain was all about :p

Well, yeah, no explicit and important height must be touched. This little stuff I put was just to avoid total fuglyness of mah theme post.

And yes, no rotating. I want his dumb face to still scream O HAI to the camera when you're done.

Level 17
Okay, this is confusing. frostwhisper told me that I can lower/make it higher.

Keiji says no.

What's right?

Level 36
To me it looks like Wolf just covered him in sand, not lowered, but raised the hill around. Anyways, I think you should let that count because it's so awesome xP

And anyways, so what if it's lowered? It should be allowed because what shouldn't be allowed is lowering it so you can't see it, which was the problem. It should be a matter of visibility, not lowering.

Level 36
No, he must have lowered the giant, cause it ain't possible to rise the ground under the giant without it rising too

No it's not... If you raise it after the dodad has been raised or lowered (just raise it one bit and lower it back) the ground goes up but the doodad doesn't.

I still think it should be allowed as an exception, because you can still see the giant.

Level 10
little? seems like a 30 ft. leap to me.

*hint* *hint* - He said not to change it, so I would change it right now, before he starts firing lightning bolts out of his ass. Add some more doodads and trees to the top right, its obvious it's only a 1-2 layer trees right their. Unless the angle is just really down.

Level 28
So we may not move the camera or what? Sorry for being so incompetent but it's 2.56am and i don't feel like reading 30 pages about camera angles.. basically it's similar to the one attached but with more doodads and yes, it's a little more near.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_071808_025712_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_071808_025712_03.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.