• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Neck (Nøkken) - Scenic Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried my hand on scenic terrains for the first time ever. The result turned out alright I guess, but I'm sure it could be improved.

Inspired by Norwegian painter Theodor Kittelsen.

full

tumblr_p4wp1uz4tf1rla36eo8_r1_1280.jpg

Level 35
Oh really? I was almost certain some of that grass in the corner of the bottom one was the ufergrass, but well oh well.

I actually haven't ever seen that one, thought I knew most paintings of Nøkken.

Anyway, your version reminds me a lot of another version of that painting, or rather another painting of Nøkken. It's quite, as Oliver said, atmospheric, and certainly very well done for being a first scenic terrain. I would try to go for a more colorful approach, like the reference painting, but it is quite nice as is.

I actually haven't ever seen that one, thought I knew most paintings of Nøkken.
May actually have been someone else who painted it, I'm not sure.
It's quite, as Oliver said, atmospheric, and certainly very well done for being a first scenic terrain. I would try to go for a more colorful approach, like the reference painting, but it is quite nice as is.
Thanks! Yeah I could try some different or more saturated colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.