• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Legend of Sand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Me and a friend have been working very hard last year on making and perfectioning this map and are finally ready to spread it around.

Its an AOS style map, but with more options to make things interesting.

This game has:
- Tech levels
- Caravans that bring recourses to the cities (needed to tech)
- Armies that spawn and improve each tech level
- 24 custom hero's
- Shops with many cool items
- Recourses dropped by creeps

All these elements give new depth to the game!

Although we have tested it thoroughly, the gameplay and balance always can be improved.

Check the website for the latest version and some more info and post your feedback on the forum!

www.sand.nl.tt

Level 1
Hi

You can find me on the forum and stuff, but I just came to tell that it's not just a friend of Nelffun and himself who makes the game (they are the editors tho). If you check the site you'll see that we are a pretty bunch who helps improving this map!

Also Nelf, please mention us next time :p

Level 24
=O
jesus h kriest!
those screens are freaking BADASS
gj :shock:
the world that is BNet could always use an AoS map that's better than DotA

Level 7
I (seeing i wanted to try new games) dowloaded your game and hosted it on bnet under the name: 'The Legend of Sand(like Dota)' People flocked to it. Within 10 seconds all slots were full of people downloading. (And, the downloading was pretty quick)
Of the game, i liked the starting cinematic alot and the item system is pretty cool alongside the tech and food caravans. The only problem most p[eople had was that there was only one lane of fighting and that the towers (All of em) tended to die really quickly making it too short a game. ALso, i played this hero (The poison archer or w/e) for the Humans and her disease ability (Acid Bomb) blows. It does 9 dmg a second for 60 seconds at level 5....Talk about pathetic. 3 damage at level 1 for 60 seconds doesn't cut the cheese. Other than that the game was pretty cool. :D Keep working on it!

Level 2
Thanks! As said, the game needs a little balance... And we have had some more negative feedback on only having 1 lane. If all the Hero's go fight there the towers die pretty quickly indeed.
But it is best to harass the caravans as much as posible, defend your own caravans and every now and then creep for resources. This way there can only be a few hero's mid and the towers are fine.

But new players ofcourse don't know this.
*sigh* I wish every body knew this game *sigh*

Level 10
i havent played this game yet, but i have checked out the website, and it looks/sounds very good, i will be playing this asap after work hehe :p good stuff keep it up!

Level 7
A few balancing issues me and some friends have had in the last few games:

The shapeshifter's owl form is a little too good. Maybe add a second or two to cast it?

Towers have to be reinforced a bit. The damage ammount is fine but they need more hp/armor

The item that allows you to cast the 'finger of death-like' ability is a little too strong also

Maybe increase % on some 'other' items to appear. (I spent like 10 minutes killing/looking for leather even if i knew which creeps to kill)

Late game, in all the games ive played,(4 so far)The creeps are always massed on one side (Even if no caravans were hit) And later after a full hp'd tower is killed, the other team's forces are massed. Maybe reduce spawn intervals nearer the end.

So far this is all i can think about so i hope you (If even some) of these changes to improve the game. And ill say this is purely positive feedback and not negative, the game is fine but requires bit of balancing. :wink:

Level 2
:) positive feedback is always welcome!

About the shapeshifter: we removed the delay in casting owl form because it could totally make the shapeshifter freak out... it sometimes stops responding to your commands etc... But I will discuss a nerf on owlform with Nelffun.

I know what you mean with the creeps being massed on 1 side. I think the problem also lies in the Healing Wave the knights/raiders have, this keeps a large army alive easy. But an increased interval might help, let me discuss this with Nelffun when he gets back from vacation :)

Which one do you think is too good? The 'Orb of Pain' (the 1 from the General Goods) or the 'Orb of Death' (the upgraded 1 from the Jeweler)? Or both? :)

And the towers will get a little more HP (and take a bit less from Siege...)

Status
Not open for further replies.