• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Last Standing Base v0.2

• Haha
Reactions: FeikVizeege

The Last Standing Base v0.2
Created by Johnleus

Map Info:

An Multiplayer Hard Survival map created for 4 players.

Goal:

You need to defend the antenna to zombie apocalypse at all cost. Dont let the zombie destroy the antenna or you will be defeated! You need to protect it until 30 minutes to spawn a helicopter and go to Helipad to evacuate.

Screenshots:

14d0jlv.jpg

2dbsbir.jpg

1535xmb.jpg

30j5vs3.jpg

2ia7aj5.jpg

Credits:

Models:
HammerFist132
CRIS
Domokun
Ice
Frankster
Chenralstrasz
bisnar13
JB_McKnight
Cavman

Icons:
NFWar
olofmoleman
Golden-Drake
oddsocks
CRAZYRUSSIAN
The_Silent

Skins:
inhuman89

Changelog:

*Map Released

*Fixed a few minor bugs
*changed loading screen
*Changed Terrain to Icecrown Glacier
*Changed Weather to snow
*Changed Antenna Model
*Added Dialog
*Added 2 New Heroes
-FireBats
-Rocketeer
*Changed Skills
*Added Skills Icon
*Added Turret and Wards On Item Shop
*Added Time (Seconds/Minutes)
*Exp rate turned to 20%
*Added Few Decoration

Author's notes:

Thank you to all of the countless users of The Hive Workshop for help with triggers, spells and various other bug / world editor problems that I had. Thanks for The Hive Workshop for hosting my map!

If you have any suggestions for my map, please comment below and share your thoughts! Please also share any bugs / constructive criticism about my map.

Contents

The Last Standing Base v0.2 (Map)

Reviews
19:58, 20th May 2014 Orcnet: Map approved, there is a missing disabled icon you might want to check that out, can be acceptable.

M

19:58, 20th May 2014
Orcnet: Map approved, there is a missing disabled icon you might want to check that out, can be acceptable.

Level 16
Recommendations:

1.) First. Get rid of that disgusting blue as your writing in the description. I had trouble reading it.

2.) Work on your grammar. Inside the game and here on your description.

3.) Why not use a better model for the Antenna?

4.) Give the players more time to think about things before the Undead attack such as looking at shops, base layout, etc. Don't let the undead attack until at least 35-60 seconds into the game.

5.) The heroes level up WAAAY to fast. I was level 12 in 3 minutes or so. Already learned all my abilities. The fun part about abilities is the anticipation to learn them 1 at a time, especially an ultimate which can't be learned until level 6 or something. Rework experience gain. Consider adding an ultimate ability.

6.) Speaking of abilities, yours need work. Warcraft 3 is an old game. Everybody knows and hates default Warcraft 3 abilities. Try to be creative and think of better and more interesting abilities which suit the Marine/Zombie/Modern theme of the game.

7.) Could give players a choice of the type of Hero they want. If your aiming for Marine/Military style heroes, you could have, Rocketeer, Medics, Firebats, Snipers, etc.

The game lacks variety and depth. It is very shallow. Some reasons why: The base is small and uninteresting. There is not much in it. There are no Mercenary camps. There are no interesting or useful items (only 6 items which are fairly weak and unoriginal), no builders, only 1 type of hero, there are no side quests, breaks from waves, etc. There list can go on. Basically, you have this hero with boring abilities and that's it. There aren't many tactics or strategies. No interesting game play mechanics. Its very linear and dull. Sorry, I'm being frank. Perhaps you don't want builders in your map, but your map definitely needs something more. Keep at it though. My first maps were much worse than this (and probably still are). So good effort.

Level 5
Thanks for your suggestion :))

Recommendations:

1.) First. Get rid of that disgusting blue as your writing in the description. I had trouble reading it.

4.) Give the players more time to think about things before the Undead attack such as looking at shops, base layout, etc. Don't let the undead attack until at least 35-60 seconds into the game.

5.) The heroes level up WAAAY to fast. I was level 12 in 3 minutes or so. Already learned all my abilities. The fun part about abilities is the anticipation to learn them 1 at a time, especially an ultimate which can't be learned until level 6 or something. Rework experience gain. Consider adding an ultimate ability.

6.) Speaking of abilities, yours need work. Warcraft 3 is an old game. Everybody knows and hates default Warcraft 3 abilities. Try to be creative and think of better and more interesting abilities which suit the Marine/Zombie/Modern theme of the game.

7.) Could give players a choice of the type of Hero they want. If your aiming for Marine/Military style heroes, you could have, Rocketeer, Medics, Firebats, Snipers, etc.

The game lacks variety and depth. It is very shallow. Some reasons why: The base is small and uninteresting. There is not much in it. There are no Mercenary camps. There are no interesting or useful items (only 6 items which are fairly weak and unoriginal), no builders, only 1 type of hero, there are no side quests, breaks from waves, etc. There list can go on. Basically, you have this hero with boring abilities and that's it. There aren't many tactics or strategies. No interesting game play mechanics. Its very linear and dull. Sorry, I'm being frank. You don't need to add everything i suggested. Perhaps you don't want builders in your map. But your map definitely needs something more. Keep at it though. My first maps were much worse than this (and probably still are). So good effort.

Level 5
I Updated my map now..! and all your recommendations i already put in my map. try it again! just comment if you see any bugs or any suggestion!

Recommendations:

The game lacks variety and depth. It is very shallow. Some reasons why: The base is small and uninteresting. There is not much in it. There are no Mercenary camps. There are no interesting or useful items (only 6 items which are fairly weak and unoriginal), no builders, only 1 type of hero, there are no side quests, breaks from waves, etc. There list can go on. Basically, you have this hero with boring abilities and that's it. There aren't many tactics or strategies. No interesting game play mechanics. Its very linear and dull. Sorry, I'm being frank. Perhaps you don't want builders in your map, but your map definitely needs something more. Keep at it though. My first maps were much worse than this (and probably still are). So good effort.