• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Last Fortress 1.1b

After not working on this map for several years I decided to work on balancing and fixing my map.

Backstory
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the scourge destroying and ravenging cities all over Lorderon the alliance has been forced back into its last fortress. Here inside the inner keep the elves has been working on a powerful weapon designed to wipe the scourge from all of Lorderon, They call it The Quengalon Spire. With the undead heading towards this last bastion the spire is completed but it requires 30 minutes to charge before it can be used.

You must either defend the spire or destroy it to decide the fate of Lorderon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoy it

-Now with 31 heros
-Alliance players defend for 30 minutes
-Scourge players must destroy the spire before the timer runs out and the spire activates.
-Now continually being updated and balanced

Changelog

Version 1.1b
-Remade Dragon Hawk Rider
-Fixed a bug that caused the map to crash
-Made scourge get upgraded in last 5 minutes
-Nerfed Pheonix
-Buffed Devestator
-Removed skirmishers properly
-Fixed Armoury mispelling
-Changed build time and gold cost of some undead units
-Lots of small changes

Version 1.0
-Made massive balance changes to lots of heros.
-Replaced several hero abilities
-Removed Skeletons
-Buffed Human melee units
-Buffed Necromancers
-Nerfed Yellows starting units a bit
-Made Siege Ladders weaker and slower
-Made a bunch of bounty changes
-Made towers have chance to critical on air units
-Removed Skirmishers
-Added and removed a bunch of units
-Fixed a bunch of tooltips
-Dozens of tiny changes
-Protected and compressed the map for improved file size.

Version 0.9c
-Fixed the bug where you can get 2 heros again
-Fixed Cloud, Earthquake and Dark Pulse
-Replaced Spirit Link with Mass Protect
-Fixed some more tooltips
-Nerfed Dark Pulse a bit

Keywords:
Fortress, Last, Defence, Alliance, Units, Scourge, Lorderon, Defend, Invasion, Epic
Contents

The Last Fortress 1.1b (Map)

Reviews
Shados: Played the map before, works, needs improvement.

M

Shados: Played the map before, works, needs improvement.

Level 1
Hey!

In this , I have only played as the alliance so , i'll do it from that point only.
First , The load screen could be a little better with more description about stuff like getting through the gate and onto the walls.

The circles of power's being the undeads form of getting onto the walls is stupid.
1. Theres no way of preventing them from getting on then
2. they get up instantly so the alliance doesnt have time to gather forces to walls to defend the circle of power.
3. The map needs a major - reblancing.

The hero part of the game was okay though , with lots of choices and loads of different classes.

Im going to give the game a 2/5

In space , no one can hear you scream.

Level 6
I have only played as undead, so this review is kinda one-sided, but I certainly have some stuff to say.

The concept of this map is excellent! I love the idea and I think it was executed rather well! However, I can tell you that this map needs some better balancing in terms of units and such. It's pretty damn clear to me that the undead forces exceed in dominance by a significant margin. I think making the terrain a little more detailed (especially in the city) would make the map better, but even outside the city (the dirt expanse the undead have to trek) could use some sprucing up with a little tile variety, height difference, and maybe some doodads. Heroes worked in the game, but I believe that they were a little underpowered; not enough AOE spells to make them efficient in the vein that this game fits in.

Overall, a good play and a sick map. Just adjust it a bit.

4/5

Level 5
I'm glad to announce I have started work on a remake of this map for Starcraft 2 as I'm unhappy with the amount of Dota clones currently in the custom map pool.

I'm currently looking for a terrainer if anyone is interested

@Fat Steve yes I know that the siege towers are currently very powerful but this is quite intentional as the walls are not supposed to last long.

@Legospencer glad you like the map though the undead are actually supposed to be very dominant with the alliance forces relying on terrain and having more hero's.