• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Imprisoned

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is another boss from 'the legend of Zelda' game.

This time it is: 'the Imprisoned' from Skyward Sword. I'm gonna upload multiple forms of him.
Here is a picture of his first form
122192-b46614e5f800ee28a667f29e2ae4a8b2_tn.jpg
This is the weakest form of him.
Name: 'the Imprisoned'
Alias: Demise
Title: Demonking (at least of his time)
Race: Demon
Age: Unknown (presumed to be as old as one of the Old gods)

His animations:
Attack -1 = Because of his lack of arms, he kicks his enemies
Attack Slam = He stomps the ground to damage his enemies around him.
Spell Slam = He spits red lightning into the sky. The Red lightning will later come down on the enemies in a specific location. (i recommend using this spell here or your own selfmade)
Stand - 1 = self-explanatory
Death = self-explanatory
Dissipate = self-explanatory
Walk = Because of his huge size he walk really slow.
Portrait - 1 = self-explanatory

122337-d82a89652dc92405a98e09df122382af_tn.jpg

His new animations:
Attack - 1 & Attack - 2 = Now that he has arms he can use them to attack his enemies instead of kicking them

122460-72e845f6e8c11d898ab10430d1761b27_tn.jpg

I don't list them this time because they are almost the same. Only difference is that he flies/hovers

-----Update 12. Feb. 2017-----
-added the second form of the Imprisoned
(I know: the only difference are the arms, but that's just how the original is.)

-----Update 13. Feb. 2017-----
-Made the animations of both versions faster (I hope they are fast enough)

-----Update 14. Feb. 2017-----
-added the final Form of the Imprisoned. (I may change the Ring over his head when he flies)
(Also as a side note: The Morph animations stay the way they are. They are so slow because i am trying to stay close to the original)

If you use any these models then give credits to me for this idea,

but don't distribute them and don't edit them without my permission!?!
Previews
Contents

The Imprisoned (Final form) (Model)

The Imprisoned (first form) (Model)

The Imprisoned (Second form) (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
You really should give those animations a second try. And it's all of them. The only good animation you have is Spell Slam. An attack animation isn't only 'the movement of an arm'. It is a whole body preparing to attack. Drawing back then charging...
Level 30
these anims are painfully slow, go ahead and try to shorten their time in 'matrix eater'. that'll put much more 'spring' in them

Just say which are TOO slow. I know for a fact that the Walk animation is too slow. (And i mean both versions)

I just wanted to make his animations similar to the Imprisoned from Nintendo.
Here a Video: Vs. Imprisoned (Third Round)

Well i am just learning to make animations.

Edit: Just so you know i am currently working on the third version (final) of the Imprisoned. So if you say which animations are really too slow i can change them together with the animations of the final version

Last edited:
Just say which are TOO slow. I know for a fact that the Walk animation is too slow. (And i mean both versions)

I just wanted to make his animations similar to the Imprisoned from Nintendo.
Here a Video: Vs. Imprisoned (Third Round)

Well i am just learning to make animations.

Edit: Just so you know i am currently working on the third version (final) of the Imprisoned. So if you say which animations are really too slow i can change them together with the animations of the final version
why are you doubting me when i say they all are too slow?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yet another reason to avoid Skyward Sword...

This model is... Definitely an attempt. I'm not sure I can really get behind it; not just due to the distasteful source material, but even the rendition of it doesn't really fit in either game. Definitely could use some work.

You really should give those animations a second try. And it's all of them. The only good animation you have is Spell Slam.

An attack animation isn't only 'the movement of an arm'. It is a whole body preparing to attack. Drawing back then charging forth. The attack point needs impact. Then there's the recover to the original position.

Your walk anims are just a pair of feet moving too. You need the whole motion present in a walk cycle. Legs back and forth, up and down, torso rotating in the opposite direction, absorbing impact. Read some animation tutorials around (There are some good ones here at THW), or go for animation importing, which is easier and may be effective.

Except for the animation, the only major fault is the fact it is distastefully big in default scale. It doesn't have enough texture resolution / detail presence to have that size. Shrink it down.

Texture and mesh are acceptable. (The claws could have texture instead of being plain white though.)

Awaiting update.

Level 30
You really should give those animations a second try. And it's all of them. The only good animation you have is Spell Slam.

An attack animation isn't only 'the movement of an arm'. It is a whole body preparing to attack. Drawing back then charging forth. The attack point needs impact. Then there's the recover to the original position.

Your walk anims are just a pair of feet moving too. You need the whole motion present in a walk cycle. Legs back and forth, up and down, torso rotating in the opposite direction, absorbing impact. Read some animation tutorials around (There are some good ones here at THW), or go for animation importing, which is easier and may be effective.

Except for the animation, the only major fault is the fact it is distastefully big in default scale. It doesn't have enough texture resolution / detail presence to have that size. Shrink it down.

Texture and mesh are acceptable. (The claws could have texture instead of being plain white though.)

Awaiting update.

Put it to Substandard. (or reject it) Please.