• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Impossible Map

Behold! The Impossible Map is out!

"You have been imprisoned in the strange island, will you be able to escape this crazy test, or will you die by frustration?"

The Impossible Map contains exactly 21 levels of pure awesomeness. Every single of them seems impossible at first sight, but can be done. Prove that you are an patient person, pass all of them!
Map is tested and bugs are fixed, this map will drive you insane!

"ver. 1.2
update 16th november 2008
-HP regeneration for Crypt Lords fixed
-Skips fixed, you should be able to skip every level now (hopefully)
-Some grammar fixed, better than nothing :/

ver. 1.3
update 17th november 2008
-Added some tips
-Fixed some minor bugs
-Fixed loadin screen/map description tooltips
-Some grammar bugs again

ver. 1.4
update 17th november 2008 - again :p
-Another bugs deleted
-Items should be practically indestructible now
-Deleted some doodats in Crypt Lords area, I hope it doesn't affect fps anymore

ver 1.5
28th november 2008
-Finally fixed the bug with not-appearing text over signs, I am sorry if you had problems with some levels becouse of that...

ver 1.6
1st may 2010
Heh, after a year-and-something I realized that the sign bug has never been properly fixed. I remade the whole system today and hopefuly it will finally work! I've also made a few other updates while I've been there...
-Lots of minor bugs fixed (zeppelin cinematic, you can't boot same player twice, etc...)
-Flesh-eating grass now works much better!
-Some grammar fixed, some hero names added, some texts changed

I also found some bugs that haven't been there before. It left me like wtf, hopefully I fixed all of them.
Anyway, let me know if you stumble upon any more of them!

ver 1.6b
1st may 2010 - evening
Crap! I just realized I forgot to remove one item from the starting location... It was Kalens Dagger with 999999 range blink, no cooldown and no mana cost. I used it to test the map more quickly...
Fffffffufuffufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufuuuuufuuufufu!

ver 1.7
4th may 2010
Huge update
-Only one player can -skip level now. It's usually Player 1 - Red
-The Unholy Flame is able to refures a sacriface in much cooler way now
-Net item is practically undestructible now
-A lot more signs added.
-Some minor things changed.
-I also played a game where they were able to outsmart Stage 6. Since it was done in a very clever way, I decided to keep it in there and make it working (so it opens the gate when it's done)

Keywords:
The Impossible Map, Insane, Awesome, Island, Ship, Test, Crazy, Retard, Adventure, You Smell, Stop reading my keywords plz
Contents

The Impossible Map (Map)

Reviews
This map has been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you believe this map review is not accurate, or require another review, please feel free to contact Alexis Septimus via his profile listed below. This map will only be reviewed again, for the second...
Level 1
SPOILER
Uh, for the part where u click the invincible sheep. Left click or right click, may I know? :D

Level 4
l finished this game in public with some people in about 2 hours. The end was really funny :grin: and l loved the ideas used in this map.

Level 11
Thanks for your comments, it makes me glad to see there is still some interest in this map!

MaxMatheus: Thanks for pointing that out, I'll make sure to fix that in new version!

kidsoulex: I can't tell you the answer just like that, but here's a little tip:
some things are there just to confuse you, sometimes it's better to ignore them and look for something less obvious

Level 5
Im still with no clue... I typed a thing randomly and it said: "Close, well not really but still" it is somehow related?

Level 11
Nope, actually, it's really far from the answer.
I can't remember why I put it up there (it's close only because you have to type something, but something completely different)

I'll remove it in the next version, thanks for bringing it up!

edit: aw, what the heck
has nothing to do with bunnies

Level 2
uh dude could you help me in the last level, i already have the five items and put it into circle yet the lever thing still doesn't work

Level 1
OMG. At last i found that hat =.=". And i see another hay next to the house at the South-East Corner. How to get that hat :(

Level 11
You just updated this..., what was the update ? o_O
There's a Changelog C:
uh dude could you help me in the last level, i already have the five items and put it into circle yet the lever thing still doesn't work
This reminds me of a bug I forgot about because I didn't write it (thanks for bringing it up)
You actually have to put 6 items on the circle, there are two gems hidden around.
But I'm definitevily going to make it 5 with the next version (as it should be)

Level 5
My friend and i finally figured the password smart way to hid it. The game its nice to use the head and hope you make more games like this. Thank you for the map.

Level 4
I began playing the game and I think I found a bug with the nerubs. If you kill the nerub before reading the sign the gate won't open. Otherwise cool map. I really enjoyed playing it. 5/5 :)

Level 2

Level 11
I began playing the game and I think I found a bug with the nerubs. If you kill the nerub before reading the sign the gate won't open.
Wow, this is strange - the sign has no connection to the open-gate trigger whats-o-ever
I just tested it and it worked :S
Must be caused by something else - I'll take a look into it tomorrow, thanks for noting!
I found something else. I think the third sign (the one with the zombies) doesn't disappear. It just stays there.
Damn those damned signs! They are so full of unrational bugs :C
At least it appeared, it's a step forward!
Sorry bro - there's a text bug with the clues... You actually need 6 items to pass (two gems)
I'll make sure to fix this in the next version!

Level 5
If someone makes a guide and everybody goes spoil wouldnt the game lose all the fun?
Whats the point playing it if you know how to do everything...

Level 6
i am having a strange problem seeing big checkboard cubes all around the map. Makes it hard to navigate around and makes some things very obvious (for example the passing at the "you shall not pass" and another thing with a bunch of cubes around a gate which i don't know what they are cause i only see cubes).

And a funny thing, i had a lot of problems with the first few levels (the sheep one and the one after the zombies where you had to pull the lever) but i went through most other levels quite easily (currently stuck on the secret password thingie)

Level 1
This is a great game! By the way, have a decent ending if you complete it without any skips! Me and my friend worked very hard to beat it, when he saw that ending, he closed out of W3, cussed out his computer, and refuses to play any more "are you a retard" type games.

Edit: oh, and on the nerub thing, I saw people saying about it, the thing runs away, and if it gets too far away from the door it doesn't open. It was very frustrating for me and my friend cause we actually did it. Btw, I can't figure out any possible way past the level with the flesh eating grass. I get through the grass, but I can't figure out any way through the forest aside from using the money cheat.
(Never mind on level 16, I found out how to get what I needed =D)

Edit: make the cinematics skippable. It's annoying watching it every time.

(Thank you Cweener for telling me to edit)

Last edited:
Level 11
Thanks for all the replies and playing the map guys! It's so nice to see all those possitive reactions!

i am having a strange problem seeing big checkboard cubes all around the map.
That's very strange indeed, sounds like the Warcraft is somehow ignoring object models... I have very little imported stuff in there, though I meddled with the map file and notepad a little...
Anyone else having the same problem?

hm... i played this map a lot and i cant get past even the lowest levels. i had to skip 2, 4... and some more. Why wont you (or any1 at all) make a guide
Hihi, don't worry though, the difficulty is actually not increasing with levels :D

...Me and my friend worked very hard to beat it, when he saw that ending, he closed out of W3, cussed out his computer, and refuses to play any more "are you a retard" type games.
Hurray! That's exactly what I went for :D Thanks for playing the map dudes!

Edit: oh, and on the nerub thing, I saw people saying about it, the thing runs away, and if it gets too far away from the door it doesn't open. It was very frustrating for me and my friend cause we actually did it.
Sorry to hear that - it can't be caused by the distance from the gate, tho I have frankly no idea what is causing it :S It just irationally kept on happening sometimes...
I thought I fixed it by re-writting the trigger in another way, sad to see it didn't fix the problem at all :C

Edit: make the cinematics skippable. It's annoying watching it every time.
Yeeah... Although what I hate even more in multiplayer maps is when someone skips a cinematic I really wanted to see... For this reason, I decided not to add that option into the map :|

Last edited:
Level 9
1. I read about the sheep and i start :goblin_boom: for like a minute. Then my hand start hurting and i decide to use mouse :goblin_boom: program. I make the sheep stuck in the corner by attacking it and set the program to left :goblin_boom: 4000 times 10 times per second and after 4000 times the sheep was still alive so i skip the level.
2. Then i pass the zombies they were easy thing to do but the lever on the island. How to walk on water?:goblin_wtf:
3. I also skip the level where u must sacrifice something because the trents was following me to the bridge and heading back.:goblin_jawdrop:
4. at the place with the rabbits (level 20) i was standing next to the info text while searching in the forums for the solution. After around 5 minutes my PC start lagging so i head back to the game to see what is happening there. I try to exit from the game with Alt + F4 but i fail and waited 15 minutes for my PC to close the game and yet i restarted it. Maybe there is memory leak with the floating text or something while i stand next to the sign.

However my record was level 20 :goblin_yeah:

Level 3
haha me and my friends finished the map. . .

We founded 1 skip but we skipped 3 times...

1- how to kill the sheep?

2- how to use that lever?

3- how to find the password on the rabbit? we tried this, hits, and everything . ..

Level 5
Sheep one most of people doesnt know it but its a way to explode animals on campaign, lever you got the wrong idea you dont need the lever on island and rabbits read the another comments

Zulabar

Z

Zulabar

This map is so awesome! :D
By the way, we won without skips in less than 20 minutes. :DD

Level 2
the only lvl that i can pass is the last one xD, I have to put skip always -.-, by the way Exelent map! love it, its so funny when I play with friends and they just get mad or crazy x3