• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Impossible Map

Behold! The Impossible Map is out!

"You have been imprisoned in the strange island, will you be able to escape this crazy test, or will you die by frustration?"

The Impossible Map contains exactly 21 levels of pure awesomeness. Every single of them seems impossible at first sight, but can be done. Prove that you are an patient person, pass all of them!
Map is tested and bugs are fixed, this map will drive you insane!

"ver. 1.2
update 16th november 2008
-HP regeneration for Crypt Lords fixed
-Skips fixed, you should be able to skip every level now (hopefully)
-Some grammar fixed, better than nothing :/

ver. 1.3
update 17th november 2008
-Added some tips
-Fixed some minor bugs
-Fixed loadin screen/map description tooltips
-Some grammar bugs again

ver. 1.4
update 17th november 2008 - again :p
-Another bugs deleted
-Items should be practically indestructible now
-Deleted some doodats in Crypt Lords area, I hope it doesn't affect fps anymore

ver 1.5
28th november 2008
-Finally fixed the bug with not-appearing text over signs, I am sorry if you had problems with some levels becouse of that...

ver 1.6
1st may 2010
Heh, after a year-and-something I realized that the sign bug has never been properly fixed. I remade the whole system today and hopefuly it will finally work! I've also made a few other updates while I've been there...
-Lots of minor bugs fixed (zeppelin cinematic, you can't boot same player twice, etc...)
-Flesh-eating grass now works much better!
-Some grammar fixed, some hero names added, some texts changed

I also found some bugs that haven't been there before. It left me like wtf, hopefully I fixed all of them.
Anyway, let me know if you stumble upon any more of them!

ver 1.6b
1st may 2010 - evening
Crap! I just realized I forgot to remove one item from the starting location... It was Kalens Dagger with 999999 range blink, no cooldown and no mana cost. I used it to test the map more quickly...
Fffffffufuffufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufuuuuufuuufufu!

ver 1.7
4th may 2010
Huge update
-Only one player can -skip level now. It's usually Player 1 - Red
-The Unholy Flame is able to refures a sacriface in much cooler way now
-Net item is practically undestructible now
-A lot more signs added.
-Some minor things changed.
-I also played a game where they were able to outsmart Stage 6. Since it was done in a very clever way, I decided to keep it in there and make it working (so it opens the gate when it's done)

Keywords:
The Impossible Map, Insane, Awesome, Island, Ship, Test, Crazy, Retard, Adventure, You Smell, Stop reading my keywords plz
Contents

The Impossible Map (Map)

Reviews
This map has been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you believe this map review is not accurate, or require another review, please feel free to contact Alexis Septimus via his profile listed below. This map will only be reviewed again, for the second...
Level 1
I have collected all the necessary items , except the Map . Sb knows how to get it ?

#98 : The "crab" is not the living crab , just a shell under the green rock near Res stone . Attack it and u will see the pearl . Good luck .

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Sha Kun i think some people would prefer if you put answers to the riddles in hidden tabs.(preferably with the name "Spoiler" :p)
Here's a list of BB Codes. It's best if you learn a few basic ones (you might need them later on anyway)
Welcome on the Hive!!!

Level 1
the number 20

the bunny... how pass this?? I try all.... gime a hint o somethig...

Level 2
It was very cool but well i think LIKE you cause i found all things with a lot of ease BUT the key thing (i destroyed the keys and then i skipped it ^^). For example, the rabbit password, i found it in 10 sec :p but i know it's hard for many.
I played alone and it was very fun ! I enjoyed the end, finding the pearl was very hard, and the hat too but i tried my last solution ^^
This was too short !
But yes you should add secrets, like 2 endings, some funny things (doing something with the wolf other than ..., controling one player during 10 sec with an hidden item...) and add more levels !
This was great ! 5/5

Buddy,dont ruin other users experience by telling the game levels.

Level 11
It's a llama, a LLAMA!!!!!
But in retrospective, changing it to a rabbit would be more appropriate, since so many people are having problems with the bunny level, hehe.

The map preview actually does suck pretty much. The font align is just, meh... I should have known better all those years back :S

Level 1
hows about a new version XD
really fun,
as for the skip at the bottom of the map, you can't get it if you are playing solo, someone must die before reaching the first resurrection stone.

Level 3
Level 20... fuck that shit... 5+ hours... Even Google couldnt help me :(. Didnt think it had anything to do with the bunnies given the rest of the Levels. tried typing a good 500-600 random words at first; nothing. searched and clicked every square inch of the map i could. thought maybe the mini map had hidden letters in it tried everything i could think of. Tried the name of my hero... checked previous comments on this thread (those werent helpful at all idk how they could be either). Skip inbound.

EDIT: tried 2nd play through figured it out 1st try (wow do i feel like an idiot)... how i didnt think of that the first time is astounding... (damnit) Last level is way to easy though...

Last edited:
Level 4
Amazing stuff

Legendary map.
Great fun, great frustration.
Altough it's a succesor of Are You Retard? maps many levels are quite original I guess. And there's a strange kind of atmosphere in the map, that all the crazy stuff creates.
Hell, and I love that Gandalf!