1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Idea thread

Discussion in 'The Fall of the Gnomeregan' started by Norinrad, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Norinrad

Norinrad

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    In this topic you can drop your ideas with everything related to the campaign, including units, abillities, quests etc.

2. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I need to know the idea of the campaign first.

-Rui

3. Norinrad

Norinrad

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    The idea is explained a bit in the "Welcome to Tinker Town" topic.

4. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will take a look.

-Rui

5. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For the defense, how about multiplayer hero siege, or maybe hero siege + tower defense like. Or if you wanna make all gnome races, you could make general melee map defnse, like many on blizz campaign.

6. Eldrassil

Eldrassil

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think that'd work seeing as how this whole thing will be a campaign, but an idea is that the siege could be 3 different heros each defending a spot and such, sending either waves, or you could do a survival. Make sure that the Heros are different though! Like one melee, a ranged and a spellcaster! Same type heros would be boring. By the way.. More backround on what is attacking the city:why,where,how,when and such. campaigns are maps/scenarios/and stories, so those are my suggestions.

7. Ghost27

Ghost27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    wat about dota+td...u know u must defend city from hordes of attacking enemies with towers in same time upgrading your allie forces that are sending to destroy attacking

8. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's what i mean by melee defense like in blizz campaign.

9. Norinrad

Norinrad

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    More background... ok then:
    The campaign is happening around the time when RoC campaign starts. The attackers are Rockjaw Troggs who have been freed from underground prison deep in Gnomeregan mining tunnels, where they have been locked up long ago by the titans. Yes, they are primitive monkeys but they numbers are enormus! (that's the official blizzard story and we can't change that too much). Well that's the reason why gnomes never helped the alliance in war against the scourage and never showed in roc or tft campaigns.
    One of the main characters will be High Tinker Merkkateque(spelling?) the king of the gnomes present in WoW in Ironforge's Tinker Town.

About the gameplay, we will try to mix aos/td and traditional blizzard campiagn style.

10. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well cool storyline. What creature actually the RockJaw Targgos

11. Norinrad

Norinrad

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
  12. Ghost27

Ghost27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    same what i say few post earlier i mean that idea i give

13. AzUrE

AzUrE

Resources:
    Resources:
    anyone here played Battle For Middle Earth? cuz there's a human mission where they hafta defend Helm's Deep, and that's an OK defense type mission... just that, maybe for this campaign, do something similar to the last night elf mission in RoC (one wiht Archimonde climbing mount Hyjal), except with different sections of... maybe walls.. or a siege in a series of tunnels, and ur forces get slowly backed up into different tunnels as enemies pour in... with a chance that tunnels behind have already been taken by the enemy and they try to backstab you so you have to decide whether to try to hold your current position and fight on two sides or try to run through the backstabbing enemies to safer tunnels, both choices being that you'll definately lose some, if not all your defending forces :D OK... my rant is over... hehe comments? snubs? flames? lol (ok, plz not the last one)

14. Norinrad

Norinrad

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    This is quite nice idea, i think that we will surely use it :)

BTW I have some units ideas that I would like to get comments:

Gnome Rifleman: The first and most basic warrior units. It will have a bit lower hp and armor than dwarven riflrman but will posses a bit greater attack and attack range. Now you ask what's so special about it? Well, it will be only unit that can enter almost every gnome building or bigger machine (after completing upgrade that is :)). So, entering a building will make it able to defend, entering machine will make additional attack.

Some gnomish contraption, like big mechanical backpack with some stuff on it, wnich wil run on mana! An anti-caster unit. It will have alot of mana and no mana regen, but starts with 50 or like. Attacks using mana, so when there's no mana - no attack. It will have abillity like destroyer to suck magical buffs but will we able to cast some spells too. The troggs will use some roar-like spells so we will have use for it^^

15. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What about if the building/machine die? Are the gnome come out or he will die together? If he die together, i think it should give bonus hp too..

Hey, I gotta good idea, since there are anti-caster, i think about this unit:

Gnome Destructor: Efective at building and mechanical. It has ability(spells) that deals more damage if were targeted on building or mechanical. This ability can be like cannon ball shot or Torpedo. So, it ignore immune magic (like ensnare), even, it ignore mechanical or structure.

I think this unit become artilery or defensive tower. So it has some weakness, slow movement, slow attack rate, has heavy(i don't remember well) armor (so enemies melee attacker can destroy it easily).

16. sorlorg

sorlorg

Resources:
    Resources:
    sounds great :!: :!: :D

17. Telefragged

Telefragged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe like a burrow?

18. Ghost27

Ghost27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    almost all meele attackers have normaln dmg so this "gnomish destroyer" must have medium armor

19. SilverClaw

SilverClaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dunno for the rifleman that can enter machine and building, a kind of engineer unit could be interesting; I mean a guy that is the only one who can repair engines and buildings, that can enter them, and maybe build some stuff, as those energy spot (those could work as moonwell) I spoke about in the other topic :p and then, build thingies as ammos limited mini tower kind and rockets they can launch after building :]

20. Juice_F

Juice_F

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    What about a unit called Gnomish Taskmaster or something, it will be used to boost your army with auras. My idea is that it will have 2 auras and 1 spell. The only problem is that you will only need one but i still think it is a pretty good and unique idea. I don't have any ideas for the auras since i don't know what the rest of the tech tree will be like.