• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive & Gamesites200

Is it worth the effort to participate in democratic elections and straw polls?

• "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I want my vote to count!

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Umm…meh…I dunno/don't care.

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • I’m not old enough/not registered to vote.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Nah, just let the tyrants and terrorists take over.

Votes: 12 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
At the top of this (and every) THW forum page is a navigation menu bar.
The menu includes a link titled “Vote for Us” See it?

This link directs users to Game Sites 200 while at the same time allowing them to cast a ballot for their favorite site in a straw poll.

Check out our profile page at gamesites200.com.

»»»»»The Hive - Maps, Resources & Tutorials (Warcraft 3)«««««
stats.gif
How Game Sites 200 Works
Game Sites 200 is a top sites list that is dedicated in showing you the best sites. We have over 35 games lists, each with their own respective sites.
Ranking of pages are done according to the number of votes in by a site each month. A 'vote' occurs when a person clicks on the GameSites200 voting link on a site's page, and then clicks on 'OK' to vote. Advanced anti-cheating measures are taken in order to ensure the lists remain free of cheaters.
A vote out is a hit we send to your website.
Our code is based on the powerful and versatile evoTopsites, a commercially available top sites list.
Every month, we reset the number of votes in [a member can still view them from accessing the member's section] so that new sites have a fair chance of reaching the top.
The benefits to this are that sites with higher ranking are usually better than sites found through a search engine. Anyone can optimize a site for search engines, but getting people to vote for them is an entirely different matter.
I encourage every loyal Hive Workshop member to navigate this link in both directions once per day.

Is it worth the effort?

Last edited:
Level 9
Well... you may as well count those that don't care checking the number of views the thread has. Substract the number of voters and you have the number of people who don't care. Yes, it's rather barbaric what I said above, as views are not user-restricted as votes are (one user could check the thread repeatedly).
Then again, that means he/she might not want to post/vote yet is still interested, so that lowers even more the number of users that don't care.

Simply by checking this thread it means you give a nickel about THW. Voting in the poll further represents that. Voting for THW on GameSites only adds you to a statistic. Of those who care.

It's your call. Do it or not. But always try to give a little from what you receive back to those who offered you something - in our case, from THW.

Cheers!

Level 32
For those who are indifferent, I provided the option

Umm…meh…I dunno.

I guess I should have made it "dunno/don't care."

Somebody um... kinda cracked me up when they said (elsewhere) that they weren't OLD ENOUGH to vote. LOL: click the link anyway and see what happens, young Skywalker.

Well said, BlackDoom: articulate, profound and wise. We Americans can't say such things these days.

I will update the chart in a couple of days so that we can all see just exactly how much impact we are making.

Last edited:
Level 32

hivestats02.jpg
As everyone can see from the above line graph, The Hive's position on the gamesites200 Warcraft 3 Top 200 has continued to climb and has now solidified comfortably in position numeral uno.

[sound]http://hiveworkshop.com/gfx/wolve/sounds/coolyea.wav[/sound]

The Hive's loyal users have driven us to the top of the chart and are keeping us there by an overwhelming margin!

What we all can do to keep THW firmly atop the Warcraft 3 Top 200 FTH!
  • As always, navigate the voting link in each direction once per day.

• Save the gamesites200 Warcraft 3 Top 200 in our internet shortcuts:
    each time we buzz to The Hive, stop off and bump the ballot box.

• Add this vBulletin code to our signature files or posts:
    [URL="http://www.gamesites200.com/warcraft/in.php?id=25"]Vote[/URL]
For The Hive! :coolgrunt:

Last edited:
Level 36
I have a terrible memory as well... always forgetting things and such... I do vote whenever I remember to though lol

*edit* Hmmm... maybe I should stick a useful link in my signature instead of the hideous, God-awful, spammy contraption that I have right now... *blerg*

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 32
Vote Every Day!

Some lamah spammer clan has bumped us out of our top position at gamesites200. They went from 165th place to first and are outvoting us at an alarming rate (probably just a few persons spamming the ballot box).

Are we going to let a site described as "Advance Dota League" beat out we dedicated and talented Warcraft III modders?

yeah maybe

NO WAY!
I'M GOING TO

VOTE
EVERY DAY!

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Makes it popular among the people who visit that site in search of good sites.

But how many people looks there? This is my story:
As I got warcraft, soon after I got internet (fall 2002). So I searched google and found maps'n'mods. Been 2 years there. After that somewhere in maps'n'mods forum I found that someone was asking about models. Then another member answered by posting a link to wc3sear.ch. Seeing that I went "ZOMG t3h 1337 modlz!!!!1111" and registered there. And 2 years wc3sear.ch died and now I am here. I never knew about gamesites200 (only when I saw that Warcraft Top 200) before. For those who wondered why I am here.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

My bro and I found sear.ch when we first started modding, just map making and simple Vertex Modify models. He got a bit active, I just watched him.

Then he stumbled upon Wc3c, helped it get back on its feet, and then once it was I made an account there and became very active.

Then, I was told about this site a few months ago by a fellow member of Wc3c, so I visited, and was asked to be a moderator.

So..here I am, also without the help of the Warcraft Top Ten. But Perhaps more people visit there than we might think.

I did not even know that you can import custom models into warcraft before coming to wc3sear.ch. But in the last months being at maps'n'mods I saw some maps with units' models which I thought they were haxxored somwhere from the archive. I remember visiting wc3campaigns, finding it somehow, dunno how. I thought, cool, deduced from name, they could have some new campaigns, but nada, nothing useful, no maps, just a bunch of tutorials (I remember one by MikiTitan, if someone knows him, he was familiar to me at that time, as he had posted a map on maps'n'mods before that) and I downloaded a program which i had no idea of its purpose. So coming at wc3sear.ch I learned about this previously unknown resources to me and realized that it was not a science.

Level 9
GameSites may (is say MAY) be on the lists of sites Google monitors for new web pages. This way, that page has greater chances to be indexed by a web search engine. Being indexed you stand more chances to be know.

Searching "download custom map model icon skin campaign Warcraft 3 " on Google returns as first site WC3S. That is, because it used to be the most active W3 site and the one that had the most relevant resources.

This is why we should take care of THW and make it the most active site around.

My present argument is not complete, as there are enough articles on how Google determines which should be the order to sort the results of a search in based on those results' relevance.

Cheers!

Level 32
Check out our profile page at gamesites200.com.

hivestats04.jpg
It's been almost eight weeks since I last updated the chart.

As everyone can see, while we still rule number one, rule number one remains:

Vote every Day!

What we all can do to keep THW firmly atop the Warcraft 3 Top 200 FTH!
  • As always, navigate the voting link in each direction once per day.

• Save the gamesites200 Warcraft 3 Top 200 in our internet shortcuts:
    each time we buzz to The Hive, stop off and bump the ballot box.

• Add this vBulletin code to our signature files or posts:
    [URL="http://www.gamesites200.com/warcraft/in.php?id=25"]Vote[/URL]
:grin: For The Hive! :grin:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
June Keep Hive Alive

Reminder:
Game Sites 200 is a top sites list that is dedicated in showing you the best sites. Therefore, it is recommended that you Vote for the Hive in order to increase it's popularity. You can do so by clicking here and afterwards clicking the

Click here to vote for The Hive - Maps, Resources & Tutorials

button.

For more information about Game Sites 200, you might like to acess the How it Works page which provides you with full information.

We again remind you that the site is free but to keep it free, we have to give a hand! As stated by Ralle, your money will be used ONLY to pay the bills, with no other purposes or ends.

Level 32
I have not updated our chart lately as the fact remains: we are still solidly enthroned in the gamesites200 top spot.

Check out our profile page at gamesites200.com. GJ THW!

[off-topic] A similar "voting site" exists for we Hive Workshop users to show our strength:

e-items.jpg

Unfortunately, we lag in second place there.

That voting link may be accessed from our front page or any Hive Workshop page where our affiliate links are displayed.

[EDIT]
Another vote of mine. Just one question: do they allow to vote every day for each IP?
I believe so: each unique IP may legitimately vote once per day.

Last edited:
Level 32
Northing's required avatar-rokku! You just click on the Vote For Us link at the top of the site and it takes you directly to gamesites200 and allows you to vote.

Our OTHER voting link:

e-items.jpg

may always be accessed from the Hive's front page or from our affiliate links at the very bottom. Voting once per day at each site is acceptable.

Rules said:
Bumping old or inactive ("dead") threads is occasionally called "necroposting" or "thread necromancy" and the bumping posts referred to as "frankenposts."

* Hive Workshop users are permitted to post in threads within six months of the thread's most recent post.
* Posting in a thread 15 days after the most recent reply is considered necroposting.
* Necroposts are permitted if:
1. The thread is being revived for a valid reason.
2. The reviving post asks an important question, adds relevant detail and / or enhances the topic under discussion.
3. The user alerts moderators prefacing the reviving post with a notation such as: Bump! *revive* [necro]
* Posts that violate these rules may be deleted by moderators without warning.
* Users who consistently violate these rules may be punished.

Read the rules please.

Level 34
I added this to my bookmark bar for FireFox. I'll be sure to vote a lot more that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.