• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Great Divide

(2) The Great Divide
By: WorpeX
Suggested Players: 1v1
Description: No one knows the origin of the Great Wall, but locals claim that it was created by the gods themselves.

tgdmapviewdz6.jpg

tgdwallviewkz0.jpg

tgdwallviewwl0.jpg

Keywords:
Melee
Contents

The Great Divide (Map)

Reviews
16:10, 11th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Approved Broken Rules: / Comment
Level 7
Ah! But thats the point Xeno! Those gaps are just small enough to only allow worker units to pass through to allow early game scouting without having to tear down the gate first.

Also the screenshots are a little bit old and the map has seen some changes in terraining and such. Not much though.

Level 7
Very... Interesting melee map with somewhat good terrain... I'm glad to see that melee maps are making a comeback as of late, not sure why, not complaining though.

I do got a few gripes about this map however, my biggest one is probably the fact the map seems so small and three gold mines for each player seems a bit much... Specially for such a small map, i'd suggest 5 maps (2 for each player and 1 "neutral" expansion in a place that's accessible by both players to the same extent, and even though its a rather small complaint I think some of the tile variation looks the same on both sides.

Otherwise, great map, but since it's just so small I can only give 3/5, hope this comment helped you improve your otherwise great map.

Level 7
Take a look at my melee maps. Thats a good description for a melee map.

Yours doesn't say much more than mine does besides version changes and the amount of goldmines (which can be easily counted by simply looking at the picture). Since this is the only version I released publicly, I don't really see the importance of the first one.

@Nolyp: Thanks for the useful feedback! I will admit this is far from my best melee map, but it isn't bad. A bit too blocky and it is somewhat small. Not too well balanced for league play either, but still fun!

Level 15

Yours doesn't say much more than mine does besides version changes and the amount of goldmines (which can be easily counted by simply looking at the picture). Since this is the only version I released publicly, I don't really see the importance of the first one.

@Nolyp: Thanks for the useful feedback! I will admit this is far from my best melee map, but it isn't bad. A bit too blocky and it is somewhat small. Not too well balanced for league play either, but still fun!

Description needs atleast a little eye candy. Thats what i am trying to say.

Moderation

The Great Divide
Created by WorpeX ; Uploaded by: Captin_Worpex

Simple description but still good enough!
Everything was ok, item drops are fine (more or less)
There is enough number of gold mines, room for build, lumber and so on!

Still I find small error in pathing ground, maybe you wanted to make it that way, but it won't allow big units to move through there :D
Just check picture!

I will still Approve your map.
Good job dude!
Have a nice day!

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 198
Level 15

Moderation

The Great Divide

Still I find small error in pathing ground, maybe you wanted to make it that way, but it won't allow big units to move through there :D
Just check picture!

Good job dude!
Have a nice day!

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/

Its supposed not to let big units through.

Level 7

Moderation

The Great Divide

Just check picture!

Good job dude!
Have a nice day!

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/

Yup, i had mentioned that earlier on in this thread actually.

Ah! But thats the point Xeno! Those gaps are just small enough to only allow worker units to pass through to allow early game scouting without having to tear down the gate first.

Thanks for the approval!

Level 1
It kinda reminds me of the beginner map variants in Starcraft 2 with the rocks(in this case gates) preventing early rushes. Could actually be useful for something like that.

Level 7
Except that Gates in Warcraft 3 can be knocked down by a single Footman in about 20 ish hits, where as the rocks' armour in Starcraft really stunted Zerglings/Zealots/Marines progress.

Don't forget the rather small issues of computers not attacking gates in wc3.

If I say, wanted to practice on this map it'd be impossible without destroying the gate myself.