• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Gilneas Exodus - Large Scale Map Project Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
The Gilneas Exodus - Large Scale Map - Recruitment/Feedback

This project is a large scale map project that will likely use JASS and might have a character save system. This was not posted under the Map Recruitment sub forum because this post is also in place just so people can see the map.

The setting is in Gilneas just as the Worgen curse starts raising hell. You will NOT be in Gilneas for much of the game, most of the game so far is set to take place in Silverpine Forest and Duskwood. Your character, single hero 3rd person camera positioning and WASD movement system, is so far able to be a warrior type hero or a spellcasting type hero. Your lower right UI where your [attack/patrol/stop/hold position/spells/move] will be entirely spell/ability area to allow a large variety (11+) of spells and abilities.

This map is NOT trying to retain similarities to the Cataclysm Worgen and Gilneas concepts.

Right now what we (I) need most are a couple of coders and modelers. I need to get my special water effects system working (water rings in the water, looks amazing) map-wide, which I know how to do I just need some help. A Skybox is the next priority, also getting the Worgen hero model to work which keeps on randomly having god damn errors all the time for no reason. Getting smoother movement on the camera and getting the WASD movement system in place is next. I have no intention of allowing the players to move the camera with their mouse or anything like that.

Anyone working on the map would be incredibly helpful if they would stay dedicated and help out and staying in contact at least once every 2/3 days.

Yes, these are really old and shitty, but they are all I have at the moment. I'm out of the country for about a week and the map is back at home, but when I get back ill upload the good ones
Even if you aren't looking to become part of the team, any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Please hide the screenshots with
there is a bracket here ---> /hidden].
Other than that, if you pull it off right it seems like it could be a decent map/campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.