• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Gardens

This map is meant to be used in the creation of other maps. It is based on the Cityscape tilset, but i added some grass from The Sunken Ruins. Basically some city gardens, with some buildings and people. If you use this in any of your maps, please give me some credits. I thank you in advance...

Destructibles on the map: 739
Doodads: 1458

*1.1 Doubled the size of the map and filled the empety space with some doodads. Removed all units.
*1.0 First release.

Keywords:
City, garden, peaceful, template, citizens, people
Contents

The Gardens (Map)

Reviews
22:25, 11th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Approved Broken Rules: / Comment
Level 6
well, as mentioned i got the inspiration from the map Film Maker 2, and though "hey, maybe i can make something cool" and made it that small just to test, but got carried away and ended up with this map. I have an unfinished map, with the same tilset, just that it is in a harbor area of a city, and if i could rotate my map 270 degrees, they coul'd be linked.

EDIT: oh, and the people was just placed because i had ideas 4 a cinematic, but changed my mind and uploaded it as a cinematic. besides, they made the atmosphere in the map better.

Moderation

The Gardens
Created by syfteland aka. nagir ; Uploaded by: Nagir

It's 2 small, look nice, but 2 small.
I suggest you to increase map size, add some more buildings and staff there. This way it can't be used in cinematic or minigame.

Also don't place 2 many units at same time, map is small so it's look ok, increase map size by 2 and if you place same number of units there as well WE will start to lag, same ingame... All big maps (RPG, ORPG and so on) use some kind of spawn systems to avoid that! You can make one as well after all this can be arena template or whatever...

Fix some minor problems and this can be approved for sure!

Oh another thing, small suggestion, place small fountain on top of big one, it will look better that way :p

Also you should put screenshots into description, mention how much doodads you used, same for destructibles, because some users don't use JNGP, so max doodad limit can be problem for them!

Broken Rules:
(Resources) Presentation
Thread Cleaned:
/

Last edited:
Level 6
ok, thanks. I'll see what i can do about it, and try to work somewhat after your suggestions. I will remove the first comment of mine when i have updated the map.

EDIT: have begun expanding, but find myself in need of a cityscape version of the Ramp Naga Small. Any1 know if there are some on the hive, or any other solutions i can do in the object editor?

Last edited:

Moderation #2

The Gardens
Created by syfteland aka. nagir ; Uploaded by: Nagir

Changes has been made map status: Approved

Few tips, put image link into [img][/img]tags!
Also terrain (doodads) is large number of times copy and pasted,
you will need to create unique stuff all over place if you want to really impress people.

Again, job well done, have a nice day!

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/

Level 3
Ah what a beautiful terrain

Description: City Garden Terrain

Pros: Excellent use of objects (props, trees, ect), fair size, variation in different sections, an outside and inside the city view, overall great map.

Cons: Nothing other than personal preferences (some people like bigger/smaller maps, custom models, that kind of stuff)

Additional information: It seems like a lot of work was put into this map and the outcome is amazing. Great job.

5/5

Level 6
:cmad:Ok, that's it. Those images won't cooperate with me, and I don't know why.
Oh, and -kobas-, having a lack of variation in the doodads was kind of intended. This is, after all, my view of a city where everything is man-made and one side is almost equal to the opposite side. There are some variations though, i have pictures, but since they just won't work in the description, i'm putting 2 here:
City.jpgDolphinpark.jpg