• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Frost Whisper Trilogy

Disclaimer: The "Beta Mask" in Shadow Hunter is protected from reviews. You are not allow to complain it due to being a beta element still in use in other model.

Frost Whisper is a name sake of a deceased zandalari troll that was exile to the mountain. Prior to that, he was a cruel troll who slaughter many other troll tribe to the point he was deemed too dangerous and got capture by other troll who gang up while at his weakest. Some would say he slaughter for his people but his people said he slaughter for his amusement.

The Mountain, also known as the North Death is where Last Bloom Lover, Frozen Centaur reside there. But this place is also a home to people who died in the mountain. They are greeted by the Lady Of The North to either move on to the afterlife or reborn as a Frost Being. This troll was confronted by her, she immediately felt a disturbing force in his soul that so twisted that she refused to let him move on in his afterlife. She is no stranger to good or evil, but when something like Frost Whisper deem too much for afterlife, she turn him into a Frost Being (which is the head hunter) but put a curse that slowly eat his soul to prevent this. Little did she know, there is a second hand that watch over the fact his soul has been stolen.

His origin as Zandalari troll, a tribe that worship the loa, one of them was loa of Death, Bwonsamdi. When he was revived as a Frost Being, he has little memory from his living but still remain twsited person as he was. But being one doesn't make immune to starvation, he has to fight, brutally hunt of food that help him sustain the curse. Frostwhisper may allow to do evil but he is no puppet to the Lady. This curse upon him will consume him in hundred years or another but he has little resource to get in touch with the Loa Of Death. A Frost Being cannot leave the mountain as doing so will burn your own body and your soul, preventing afterlife. Unless, you are cover enough ice to buy in more time. He make a deal with a mercenary to gather dust so he can encounter Bwonsamdi. True to his nature, once got the dust, he immediately kill him. And so he has met the dealer.

Bwonsamdi, out of excitement, know exactly why he was here. Since he cannot just pop out of nowhere, he congrat him for trying to burn himself just to see the loa himself. He told Samdi that his soul is not going to Da Other Side because Lady prevent afterlife which pissed off the loa. Although he calm down a bit, he offer a deal that if FW took one of her eye, he will break free the curse and grant him ability to perma-kill any Frost Being and they all will go to his pocket realm. Frost Whisper agreed and he has awaken the real might that would crumble the coldest thing in the world. This is where the berserk form came in.

While awaken, his curse is worsen but he swallow the pain and the sanity starting to lose each bit year after year. In attempt to challenge her, he captured a group of the most vicious warrior dare move up the mountain and kill them one by one, forcing her to appear and confront him. She was not surprised that he would try to break free, the clash filled with snow covered in blood. Both side was severely exhausted until Bwonsamdi cheat a bit of his strength and outright caught her off guard. Frost Whisper speared through her eye, the sky was darken as any frost beings are horrified in their guts that something simply threaten their soul. Upon her defeat, Bwonsamdi congrat him and would grant him his blessing.

Little did he know, Frost Whisper would betrayed the loa too, he was using his power and with the eye of the North, he speared one of his eye and replaced with her. He also pierce his own heart to remove the curse by himself. The Loa was angry and watch over the fact that the souls in this mountain are his property now. He banished Bwonsamdi out and would wish upon that what aganist him will never be reborn again. 500 years later, he still watch over an oppotunity to give all Frost Beings a real end to their cheat death mentality. [which is shadow hunter and his current time appearance]
image.png
image.png
image.png

Version 1.0Uploaded. Screenshot ingame added later.

Tags: Frostwhisper, Troll, Frost, Ice, ShadowHunter, BerserkHeadHunter, Berserk, Head Hunter, HeadHunter
Contents

BTWFWHeadHunter (Icon)

Frost Whisper Head Hunter (Texture)

BTNFWBerserk (Icon)

Frost Whisper Berserk Form (Texture)

BTNFWShadowHunter (Icon)

Frost Whisper Shadow Hunter (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
Here we have a special Shido bundle dedicated to our very own @frostwhisper which I think is a very nice gesture, let's take a look: The Good: Three textures all in the one bundle is great for anyone wanting a complete set of units, so we have the...
Level 32
Love how the icy parts blend so well with the team colour and how some skin parts look as if the trolls are not just ice land dwellers but one with the ice element (it's part of them/their skin/body).
If I'd ask something, is for the masked Shadow Hunter version as well, pretty super please.
Sadly i can't do more a custom mask because, their wrap is always end up like that. But who know, maybe we can cook up a design that fit any model using the mask.

Here we have a special Shido bundle dedicated to our very own @frostwhisper which I think is a very nice gesture, let's take a look:

The Good:
Three textures all in the one bundle is great for anyone wanting a complete set of units, so we have the hero and two unit textures.
Thematically the ice theme is pretty good and works well with the Icy Centaur and Cold Garithos textures that we saw before. The units looks suitably icy and have lots of details enhancing the cold Ice Troll idea, so props there.
There is shading and highlighting which is good with light falling on the shoulders and arms and face with darker areas in regions that will be lower down or more concealed on the textures.
We also have some cool effects like the glowing eyes across all three which look good. And the slight pinkish colouration on the bone mask adds a lot to the bone look and feel. The ice crystals have for the most part been drawn really well and are visibly crystals so the material look has been achieved there.
One of the stand out parts in my opinion is the mask of the Shadow Hunter; its a shame it's not present on the original model and requires the Beta model cos the mask looks phenomenal:
1698595521067.png
the red central plank of the wood especially looks great and the gold rims have been done really well. It's stylistic but well executed.

EDIT: Icons are always a big plus in my book!

Areas for Improvement:
This is a tricky one as whilst there is a lot of effort and variation across all three textures, I find there's a lot of inconsistency in the quality which is a shame as you've done similar sections really well and then maybe rushed over other bits. I'll give some examples. The fur loinclothes and fur looks good in areas like here:
1698595643310.png
and here:
1698595657782.png

but then in other areas there is a distinct lack of the folds, shading etc necessary to convey that same cloth look and we instead just get a brown flat shape like here:
1698595705590.png
and here:
1698595724706.png
there is some shading but they need more work to look more like the previous two bits. The fur lining also looks good shape wise but needs more shading to make it look fluffy.

The same applies to the various crystals and hair where it's been done really well in some areas like here:
1698595803675.png
and here:
1698595816544.png
but then there are sections that are quite large and lack the same look and quality such as these bits:
1698595860354.png
and these bits:
1698595886950.png

The skin as well is done a lot better in some parts vs others. I think there's a lot of skill on display here but it just needs to be consistent across all the parts of all the textures. Consistency is key :)

Conclusion:
A very fitting tribute to frostwhisper with a lot of nice theme and drawing work on display here. I do really like these textures but I think more time is needed to ensure the quality is the best it can be across all the texture space! Still some very lovely skins that are easily approved!

Level 32
Technically, all 3 of them are the same person. So the ice hair part is not truly ice so it's doesn't need to be shiny and glossy, part of the design not to be so distracted by it hence it toned down.

The body of berserk is pretty inconsistent and due to not acquire the actual wrap since they make it so different to original troll, the design for loincloth was limit out and work in favor for either model. Believe me, everytime we look at the back, we dunno what direction is facing hence making headhunter back and berserk was quite a question mark on why they flip it. (blizzy)

Nothing to upset here, gameplay is king afterall. It's an honor to see people that I pay homage actually acknowledge it.