• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Flood Part 2 1.7

The Flood Part 2 - By Vengeancekael

Story:

Illidan has now entered Ashenvale and is consuming the powers that lie within.

Info:

Protection: None

Changelog:

1.0: Released
1.1: Added more effects, added a preview image, added sky, minor changes, environment changes, terrain changes, 1 new custom music, camera changes.
1.2: Alot of new effects, alot of camera changes, terrain changes.
1.3: Camera changes, minor "bug" fixes.
1.4: minor terrain changes, human outpost changes, alot of new effects
1.5: Text changes, removed some effects, terrain changes.
1.6: Sky has been fixed, fog of war changes, ALOT of camera changes[Black]
1.7: New preview image

Credits:

Horn

Special Thanks:

ap0calypse

Link

Keywords:
Naga,Illidan,Alvenar,CINEMATIC,Tree,^^XD
Contents

The Flood Part 2 1.7 (Map)

Reviews
23:53, 20th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Approved The terrain needs some work: you can use multiple tree types to make a bit more varied, add a sky, remove the blizzard cliffs perhaps, the city was a bit... mehh, it didn't look like a city (or the...

Who do you want to see in the next Part?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M

23:53, 20th Sep 2009
ap0calypse: Approved

The terrain needs some work: you can use multiple tree types to make a bit more varied, add a sky, remove the blizzard cliffs perhaps, the city was a bit... mehh, it didn't look like a city (or the entrance of a city...).

The camera was too static, you really need to smoothen that up, the triggering is also not good, I would really recommend some tutorials for leaks and efficiency (and cinematic triggers).

Yet again, the story is nice, which is highly important in cinematics.

Level 2
God damnit this cinematic filesize is large..., lol. I'll review your cinematic next.

{EDIT}
Wow this had a good one than the intro.

(+)Camera: I loved the camera angles it kept moving without stopping. 5/5
(+)Plot: I loved the plot!!! It may have gave an hole for the real lore but I love this one more. 5/5
(+)Terrain: I loved the terrain, but it can't be close to my skill :p I'll give you a 4/5 some spots were empty...
(+)Grammar/Typos: No spelling, grammar mistakes. 5/5
(+)Sound/art: There was no sound for every unit's word, but there was some parts, and it was better without it. And for the art, you used lots of starfall sfx's try using other ones if possible. 4/5

(-)Lack of Description: There was lack of description...1/5
(-)Lack of credits: Credits must appear at the ending of a map.2/5

My estimation made the result of: Approval 3.85 estimated to 4. Good one guy, you got lil' better. More you make, the more you get skilled, great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
My review

Ok, I watched it. It was entertaining, I like the story. :thumbs_up:
However I found a few things odd:

1.) At the very beginning we see the interface, the hero icon, etc. So you should use "letterbox mode over 0 seconds" at the map initialization.
2.) At the end, when you show the naga army, the camera go through some of the nagas head.
3.) The terrain doesn't look good at the scene where the druid moves to the castle...
-You forgot to add sky, and now we see its blank/black.
-We see the "end of the world" :) (edge of the map). You should hide / mask it.
4.) The camera is too stiff, you should move it slowly during the scenes, so the cinematic will be more dynamic.
5.) Music. There is only one music, which is very quiet. You should make it louder and you should use at least one more music, a dynamic one - for the battle scenes.

Ok i see what i can do in the next version thx for your review!+rep^^
2.) At the end, when you show the naga army, the camera go through some of the nagas head.
Yes that true,ill see what i can do,but i doubt that can be fixed!
-We see the "end of the world" :) (edge of the map). You should hide / mask it.
At what part do u see the end of the world?
(-)Lack of Description: There was lack of description...1/5
(-)Lack of credits: Credits must appear at the ending of a map.2/5
im gonna make a new description....soon and what credits?I didnt use any custom imports etc. It was all ME!^^And dont double post,use the edit button at the bottom of your post and thx for the review +rep!^^
Edit:The map has been updated!

Last edited:
Level 2
Lol, okay, great job though. And also about the double posting, It's just my way of reviewing, I give a noticification to the author/creator, before I review it.

Edit: Thanks for +Rep :thumbs_up:

Level 14
I shall take a look...
EDIT: Alrite.

You forgot to put a sky >.<
The terrain was fine, but some custom trees would be nice. Also, the trees should be bigger i think. They were the same size, too :/ Illidan was nearly the same size as a tree.
There are some minor typos, but doesn't matter much.
Yes the filesize is kinda huge...
Blizzard cliffs... oh well.
Floating fountains?

A pretty decent cinematic, but ill rate it 3/5 and vote for approval.

Lol, okay, great job though. And also about the double posting, It's just my way of reviewing, I give a noticification to the author/creator, before I review it.
Still its against the rules!
Edit: Thanks for +Rep
np^^

I shall take a look...
EDIT: Alrite.

You forgot to put a sky >.<
The terrain was fine, but some custom trees would be nice. Also, the trees should be bigger i think. They were the same size, too :/ Illidan was nearly the same size as a tree.
There are some minor typos, but doesn't matter much.
Yes the filesize is kinda huge...
Blizzard cliffs... oh well.
Floating fountains?

A pretty decent cinematic, but ill rate it 3/5 and vote for approval.
The map has been updated and ive added a sky!^^About the filesize,its going to be hard for me to reduce it,cuz there are 2 custom musics and i dont know how to reduce their size!But thx for testing and +rep^^
Not bad , but you should try to reduce the filzesize.

4/5

<<<Vote for aproval>>>
About the filesize,its going to be hard for me to reduce it,cuz there are 2 custom musics and i dont know how to reduce their size!But thx for testing and +rep^^
[sarcasm="rep"]Lol i was actually hoping for some rep,but apparently am i giving them rep!^^[/sarcasm]

Level 5
My Review
(+) Camera- Good use with your camera movement. However, I think some parts are sloppy.
(+)Terrain- Terrain on this map was decent, but not impressive.
(+) Music- This cinematic contains custom music.
(+) Special Effects- This cinematic contains Special Effects.
(+)Grammar/Typos: There is no grammar errors or spelling mistakes at all in this cinematic.
(-) Battle Scene- I don't think the war between the Naga and Night Elves was Epic. It seemed boring, units just attacking one another. The camera use on that part of the cinematic was awful.
(-) Sky- There is no sky on some parts of this cinematic.
(-) Sound Effects- There is no sound effects in this cinematic.

Tips in your cinematic:
You could add Black Borders to your cinematic. First, go under the Game Interface and find
Image - Cinematic Border
Image - Console Background
Image - Game Menu Background
then replace the path with UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Human\blank-background.blp
Random Questions
1) How does The Night Elf God Die in One Hit by Illidan? Shouldn't it take more to kill a god?
2) Who is the priestess of the moon? Is it Tyrande or someone else?

Improvements to be needed
Fix The Sky
Fix The Human City
Add Some Weather Effects
Fix some parts of the camera that are bad

My Rating: 3/5

Attachments

• No sky...jpg
    No sky...jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 227
  • No Sky 2....jpg
    No Sky 2....jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Human City.jpg
    Human City.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 216
  • Illidan Killed a God of The Night Elves.jpg
    Illidan Killed a God of The Night Elves.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 304
  • Bad Camera.jpg
    Bad Camera.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Bad Camera 2.jpg
    Bad Camera 2.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Level 2
Awesome~ Great improvement.

(+)Camera:Much better, but remember minor fixings at ONE spot can ruin the whole camera movement. 4/5
(+)Special Effect:Impressive as I said, you definitely used more sfx's, great job. 5/5
(+)Terrain:Awesome the terrain was fixed good to see it, but I still see some places sloppy. 3.5/5
(+)Typo's:There was no spelling mistakes like before but some grammar mistakes, in every punctuation there is a space. As I see,

MalFurion: "I'm going to speak with the king,noone stops me." or something else. 4/5

(+)Music:There were lots of music blended with the background. 4/5
(+)Sky:Good, skies were fixed. 3.5/5
(+)Map Protection:The map is unprotected good to see this, cause people will open it and learn the triggers you had made. 5/5
(+)Credits:Credits were given. 5/5

(-)Battle effects: I don't hear any sword slashing, It'll be cool if there were some custom sound of blood splashing and everything. 2/5
(-)Lack of Description: There is lack of description, because I don't count changelog and credits inside it. 1/5

Alright, my result of this shows: 4.3/5 estimated to 4, approval. I really enjoyed this. It's a very nice cinematic, it's just the part you should work "harder" on terrain. No offense though. I can't wait til' the updated ones.

Last edited:
My Review
(+) Camera- Good use with your camera movement. However, I think some parts are sloppy.
(+)Terrain- Terrain on this map was decent, but not impressive.
(+) Music- This cinematic contains custom music.
(+) Special Effects- This cinematic contains Special Effects.
(+)Grammar/Typos: There is no grammar errors or spelling mistakes at all in this cinematic.
(-) Battle Scene- I don't think the war between the Naga and Night Elves was Epic. It seemed boring, units just attacking one another. The camera use on that part of the cinematic was awful.
(-) Sky- There is no sky on some parts of this cinematic.
(-) Sound Effects- There is no sound effects in this cinematic.

Tips in your cinematic:
You could add Black Borders to your cinematic. First, go under the Game Interface and find
Image - Cinematic Border
Image - Console Background
Image - Game Menu Background
then replace the path with UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Human\blank-background.blp
Random Questions
1) How does The Night Elf God Die in One Hit by Illidan? Shouldn't it take more to kill a god?
2) Who is the priestess of the moon? Is it Tyrande or someone else?

Improvements to be needed
Fix The Sky
Fix The Human City
Add Some Weather Effects
Fix some parts of the camera that are bad
My Rating: 3/5
Thx for the review,the god dies with one hit,because illidan absorbed his powers from the temple.
Its someone else^^Its a different storyline.
(+)Camera:Much better, but remember minor fixings at ONE spot can ruin the whole camera movement. 4/5
(+)Special Effect:Impressive as I said, you definitely used more sfx's, great job. 5/5
(+)Terrain:Awesome the terrain was fixed good to see it, but I still see some places sloppy. 3.5/5
(+)Typo's:There was no spelling mistakes like before but some grammar mistakes, in every punctuation there is a space. As I see,

Quote:
MalFurion: "I'm going to speak with the king,noone stops me." or something else. 4/5
(+)Music:There were lots of music blended with the background. 4/5
(+)Sky:Good, skies were fixed. 3.5/5
(+)Map Protection:The map is unprotected good to see this, cause people will open it and learn the triggers you had made. 5/5
(+)Credits:Credits were given. 5/5

(-)Battle effects: I don't hear any sword slashing, It'll be cool if there were some custom sound of blood splashing and everything. 2/5
(-)Lack of Description: There is lack of description, because I don't count changelog and credits inside it. 1/5

Quote:
Alright, my result of this shows: 4.3/5 estimated to 4, approval. I really enjoyed this. It's a very nice cinematic, it's just the part you should work "harder" on terrain. No offense though. I can't wait til' the updated ones.
Thx for the review,yes i will work on the battle scene in the next version!The description....well ill see what i can do^^+rep to both of you.
Edit:The map has been updated!^^

Last edited:
I see that you followed my advice to add an esc skip system ;).

First of all i want to admint that your cinematic skills are EPIC, so i'll give you a +REP for that, but i disliked it, that the story wasn't telled detailed enough, it was like skipping through the whole thing in a few seconds and the Nightelf god seems to be freaking weak xD.
The music was good placed.
One last "advice": Please improve the Terrain alot, else it looks boring; i could do that for you, if you are not that good at terraining ;P

btw: Are you interested now, in joining my Fable project?

I see that you followed my advice to add an esc skip system ;).

First of all i want to admint that your cinematic skills are EPIC, so i'll give you a +REP for that, but i disliked it, that the story wasn't telled detailed enough, it was like skipping through the whole thing in a few seconds and the Nightelf god seems to be freaking weak xD.
The music was good placed.
One last "advice": Please improve the Terrain alot, else it looks boring; i could do that for you, if you are not that good at terraining ;P

btw: Are you interested now, in joining my Fable project?
Dont worry,the story will be easily revealed in the next parts.
About the esc system,yes it was your idea,but that system was in the intro version 1.2.
Everyone says that the nightelf god is weak,but u should know why if u really payed attention,cuz illidan absorbed the gods powers and so the nightelf god is now like noone.
Well yes,but i might not be that much online,but yes i could help u with your project^^
Thx for the review^^
CHECK THE POLL,it will expire in 3 days so hurry^^

Level 12
Why do I have the feeling you put too much extra stuff in (13MB ZOMG!)

4/5

its pretty awesome =D

Level 5
I havent started with the next part yet,cuz ive lost the cinematic spirit,so ull have to give me time,until my "spirit" is back-.-
Well the poll results:Kael:4 votes and Other 4 votes.
But i like to have some suggestions lol or u guys just say that u want kael.

My vote is either Undead Arthas
or Other:
Kil'jadean
Lich King

Dont worry people, i will be releasing an update again,soon^^(havent started yet....:D)
Edit 2:Outlanders,The War:Intro
Edit 3:Map has been updated and Part 3 developement will officially start tomorrow!
Edit 4:Map has been updated:
1.6:Sky has been fixed, fog of war changes, ALOT of camera changes=D
Edit 5:There will be "trigger comments" in Part 3, so new beginners that want to make a cinematic know where to start^^
Edit 6:Part 3 has been uploaded.

Last edited:
Level 4
I will go right to the goal:
-1- Some scenes really hurted my eyes because of the Heavy Rain & Tranquility Effect at the same place & time...It looks almost to some lazer shooting in all directions.I advice you to set the "Use Global Weather" to "Ashenvale Rain (Light)" and not Heavy,in case of what,the screen looks a little blurred.Try to set it on (Light) so the screen becomes clear.

-2- In the war scene,try to reduce the Special Effects a bit so we can see clearly the warriors fighting,without having a meteor or a Tornado hiding a part of their body,and make some druides morph to Bear that way the war will look more dynamic and realistic with a changing behavior.

-3- A GOD slayed by one Punche :eek:?oh please don't!this reminds me of DBZ in most its OAVs :sad:.
I got a better idea if you don't want to make the scene too long,just make Illidan cast a powerful spell that take few seconds for casting,and make a big explosion like "Ancien Explosion made by WILLALTHEMIGHTY" after the GOD is dead :thumbs_up: so that we understand that he is a GOD ^^.

Well i think that's all,for the rest i am still approving the Cinematic !
It is a big improvement from the Intro i liked the decoration,some effects,Illidan's plan, and the way MalFurion enters the protected City ^^ XD i wish having some Lightning Storms around me when i wanna go out of the class without permission :xxd:

Note = 4/5 it's a great movie i appreciate it very much.
P.S : You find my comment a little bit too long ?Well, i know i know and good luck to read it WHOLE ^^.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The night elf gods never favoured anyone else but the druidic elves. They've also been partially absent/silent after the War of the Ancients.
The naga never ruled the world.
Destroying three shrines will cut the signal for help to what, the gods, other night elves?
Illidan is somehow all-powerful and goes where ever he wants without anyone able to stop him. Moreover Furion chickens out and somehow, maybe, in time, gets to beg the humans? He, then, is so angry that fails reason and kills human guards to get in the fortress.
The elves somehow were protoss warped somewhere.

This cinematic fails to be convincing.