• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Final Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
The Final Siege

therift.jpg

Terrain : 35%
Trigger : 5%
Classes: 40%

Progress to first Alpha: 65%
Progress to first Beta: 15%

v0.1a
- Implement basic enemies ( Ranged DPS and melee tank )
- Implement 2 heroes - Blacksmith and Fighter
- Implement a manual attack system
- Release map for testing ( It will be flawed, obviously, since it's THE first alpha version, as well as my first attempt at creating a map )
- Add a "Survival" mode using the Verdant Swamp's terrain, creeps will spawn endlessly so quit when you get bored while testing this mode!
- Implement basic item crafting systems up to Tier 2.
- Custom skins ( to reduce filesize ) for enemy units
- Custom UI

- Custom models for the weapons ( won't add ATM because of filesize worries )
- Weapons attachment for heroes once equipped ( too complicated, I'll figure it out at a slower pace )
- Expanded storyline and new chapters - as many as the filesize will allow.
- "Chapters" are just another word for "Quests" or "Objectives" - generic Defend this guy/structure etc. missions
- Cut down on the filesize, I'm having trouble deleting the doodads atm, as there are too many of them and I'm not sure which ones are being used in my map, not to mention I might need them for later chapters.
- Add more skills for the heroes.
- Implement other heroes.
- Custom models for heroes, if the filesize allows.
- Others to come

The Final Siege is a multiplayer mini-campaign in which you complete objectives in order to stop the advancing army of the ancients and win the game.

Estimated game length ( beta versions ): 1-2 hours

Arcanum is a world on which humans and elves have existed in peace for many years. The humans have went down the path of technological advancement, whereas the elves became increasingly skilled in magic as time went by. However, a new threat to Arcanum has risen - ancient forces have found their way into this peaceful world through a cave system, rising up from their millennia-long slumber to reclaim their place in the world.

Humans are one of the two races on Arcanum. They are stronger in body compared to the elves, but most of them lack talent in magic. They are deadly in combat when wielding the enchanted weapons forged by the elven blacksmiths.

The mighty Warriors of the human army ward off blows with ease and cut down swathes of enemies with their mighty strikes.

Some human mages, known as Paladins, have basic knowledge of combat magic and use it to augment themselves and their allies' ability in combat.

Human Engineers construct stationary defences to blunt the onslaught of the attackers, in addition to other extraordinary creations such as War Machines that the team can use, Minefields that bring down crowds of minions with ease and finally the mighty Tanks, which can only be built by the most skilled Engineers with a huge amount of time and resources.

Some humans known as Manipulators have became adept in the magic art of Material Conjuration, thanks to the innate Earth element of all humans. They are only able to conjure small amounts of metals and clay at the beginning, but as they grow in experience they become capable of using their minds to conjure advanced materials such as Adamantium, Granite and a huge amount of basic materials. Truly skilled Manipulators become so attuned to the nature of the land that they live on, they can convince the earth itself to serve their bidding, becoming titanic Golems that obliterates all but the toughest foe with ease. The power of being a Manipulator comes at a price - the drain of manipulating the energies of Arcanum to create new materials consumes their mana very quickly.

Elves are the second race of Arcanum. With their mastery of magic, they have created a home for all of their kind within an enormous forest - Arcanon. Sometime during the years that they spent in it, a number of elves became attuned to the energies of Arcanum, literally becoming part of the world by taking the final step - infusing their souls within a tree. Those elves are now known as Ents, massive trees with the mind of an elf inside it.

The elven Blacksmiths craft powerful tools of wars for the army to fight the invading monsters.

The elite Rangers are masters of both melee and ranged combat, quickly dispatching their enemies with precisely aimed strikes.

Mages are an important part of the war against the ancients, having the ability to call upon the wrath of the elements to decimate their enemies or provide powerful support to their allies. Arcane mages are an unbelievably destructive force on the battlefield, conjuring destructive spells with ease to slaughter huge numbers of their enemies.

The elves are now preparing for a battle unlike any seen before in the history of Arcanum, to protect their home... and the continued survival of their race.

Not much is known about the grotesque monstrosities that have suddenly emerged from the depths of the earth to wreak havoc upon the world of Arcanum. It is theorized by some elven scholars that they are prehistoric entities that have hibernated for millennia for some reason, and now have awakened. Their minions are usually weak in battle, but they use strength in numbers to overwhelm their foes. Their commanders are deadly, unspeakable horrors that are supremely hard to kill and leave a trail of death and destruction wherever they go. None have seen any of the commanders and lived to tell the tale.

Thanks to:

Lahey's Terrania map, the crafting system was original and fun, and inspired me to create this project.

The Doom Team's Goblin Exploration Squad, it was also the first map of it's kind I played, the building/item-making systems were awesome and creative.

The terrainers at the Terrain Board, their terrains and guides taught me about utilizing lighting and doodad placement.

My friends on Garena, for giving ideas ( AngelCarnage ) and helping out with some trigger problems ( Dev!lMassacre AKA NewbieMapper)

aider for his description template.

ICON CREDITS:
CRAZYRUSSIAN

MODEL/SKIN CREDITS:
M0rbid ( Selection Circle )
dab ( Custom cursor

The creators of the UTM.
Credits go to the following authors, without their models, this map would not be what it is.
Daelin
Olofmoleman
Chriz.
xXm0rpH3usXx
Celestea
Nasrudin
aquilla
Mc !
Illidan
reinless
oBs3rv3r
Xios
sc_freak
abriko
JetFangInferno
iNfraNe
Whitehorn
Red XIII
HappyTauren
Herio-san
Illidan(evil)x
Born2Modificate
BlinkBoy

Map will probably be optimized in later versions, as I hear that it reduces the filesize.
More info to come.
If I missed out on anyone in the credits, please tell me so i can add their names as well

Current Mapsize: 3.7MB

Alpha versions not have most of the planned features implemented, and updates will be released weekly.
Beta versions will have most features implemented, and updates will be released when I decide to change something inside the map.

v0.1a - Release between 9-7-11 and 16-7-11
v0.2a - ( Estimated ) release before 23-7-11
v1.0b - ( Estimated ) release before September

Attachments

• therift2.jpg
    therift2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 124
  • soal.jpg
    soal.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 152
  • soayo.jpg
    soayo.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 128
  • soaxj.jpg
    soaxj.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 138
  • asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 121
  • WC3ScrnShot_062811_110848_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_062811_110848_02.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 97
  • WC3ScrnShot_062811_110715_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_062811_110715_01.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 77
  • WC3ScrnShot_062811_110916_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_062811_110916_03.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Level 6
I love the screen shots. You've got some nice imports. But I'm a little confused on what you do. Do the humans and elves fight the ancients, undead, or just random monsters?

Level 7
The Ultimate Terraining Map is being used to make the terrain...the filesize is somewhat big but I like the amount and quality of models in it.

The story is about humans and elves fighting some ancient evil-y things that come out from an underground cave system ( haven't got the story quite pinned down yet, but this is the base for it )

Attached the screenshots to my post.

Thanks for the support guys!

Level 7
Something fitting the terrain/theme.

The terrain for that area is a swamp at night...so I might add some fireflies, but other than that is there anything I should do? As for the theme and atmosphere, I plan on using a imported music file to improve it.

You know, there already is a video game called Arcanum. Maybe... you should get another name for your project?

Okay, can you tell me how to i change the name of the thread?

Level 7
Can anyone help me out with pathing? Some of those doodads don't have pathing when they're supposed to have it, and vice versa. Do I add collision size for them? And what are the pathing blockers for in-game? ( in world editor they show up as purple-black boxes ).

Level 7
Finally dragged this map out of the Recycle Bin lol, accidentally deleted a whole batch of warcraft 3 stuff while clearing out old files on my PC.

I'll be continuing work on this ASAP... I had to reterrain the Mindstream section because I deleted the purple night elf trees in the Import Manager by accident. I used mostly Shadow, Crystal and Glow doodads spam in the new terrain...there's an attached screenshot of it on the first post :p

Level 27
Finally dragged this map out of the Recycle Bin lol, accidentally deleted a whole batch of warcraft 3 stuff while clearing out old files on my PC.

I'll be continuing work on this ASAP... I had to reterrain the Mindstream section because I deleted the purple night elf trees in the Import Manager by accident. I used mostly Shadow, Crystal and Glow doodads spam in the new terrain...there's an attached screenshot of it on the first post :p

Well, at least you didn't removed it completely... so good luck continuing your project!

Status
Not open for further replies.