• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Role Playing Game] The Devil Within

Which is most suitable for the terrain?

• Use WoW rips for terrain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't use WoW rips for terrain.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Use only HQ models for terrain.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Try and mix both to fit terrain.

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
The Devil Within
Created by Bethmachine

Worgen5_zpsc1a40426.jpg

Map Info

Author: Bethmachine
Members: Bethmachine
Map Name: The Devil Within
Map Type: Single Player Role Playing Game (SPRPG)
Map Size: 224 x 224
Map Download Size (Currently): 24.7 mb

Authors Notes

Hello there, I started this project when I was surfing through threads and then found this post by the Map Section, in –Kobas- Worgen doodads, the post I am talking about said this, “I wish someone could make a Worgen map out these things”. Then I thought to myself why not make something that I am sure few have made. A Worgen map with basically only high quality Imports and a few WoW rips. A Worgen RPG that will have a name which is, The Devil Within and a dark saddening story that will keep opening itself slowly keeping the player guessing. I have only just started on this map if you have any WoW rips that you think could be used on this map tell me and if you want to help with this project go to the link and fill needed answers.

Story

I have seen death, pain and great sadness in the eyes of others. Why do we fight for powers that are only meant to destroy us? My brethren the Worgens were known as wild beasts which had no minds of their own they were hunted and killed for we were known to all as beasts. When the Lich King came to destroy all the living and turn them into things that had no emotions or fears and there only purpose was to serve the Lich King. We watched the humans make their alliances and fight many battles. They finally felt our pain the pain they brought upon us. Wars were fought but after years of war the Lich King started losing ground until they were at his door steps. They killed the Lich King, the world was at peace for a moment, but too many lives were lost. Great leaders had fallen but more came to replace them. We Worgens have learnt many things from these humans as time passed. We soon made an alliance which a pledge had to be said, that pledge was “We will all fight for the better good no matter our differences”. We lived in peace till an army sent from the deepest parts of hell came to take this world as their own. We are fighting this battle for the Worgens and what is left of humanity.

You play as the ex – general of the Iron Claw clan, the main strength in the Worgen army. You were setup by who you thought was your closest friend , being accused for what you did not do you were now known as an outcast, you were no longer respected by any one. Until the day the War against the Ne Risque began you were asked to rejoin the Worgen army to help stop the Ne Risque. Your mission as the one of the strongest warriors in the Iron Claw clan is to set out and destroy the leader of the Ne Risque before it destroys the rest of what is left of the world. This a mission only a god can do but you are just one Worgen with the bravery of a lion is that enough to stop this opposing doom?

Features

• Awesome saddening story[*]Shop within a shop system[*]Reading system[*]4 classes to choose from

Screenshots and Videos

Screenshots
WC3ScrnShot_071213_111821_20_zpsc2eaadce.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_071213_111837_21_zps04785a0b.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_071213_111802_19_zpse83cd72d.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_071213_111624_13_zps626d3570.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_071213_111743_18_zpse14f17ac.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_071213_111802_19_zps1e1b2f0e.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_071213_111738_17_zpsa49372bd.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_071213_111728_16_zps80c8c0db.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_071213_111706_15_zpse95d801a.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_071213_111647_14_zpsc4b8b115.jpg
Theddevilwithin2_zps5b619c49.jpg
Thedevilwithin1_zpseb28f6e1.jpg

None yet

None yet

Change Log

Project thread is complete on 7/13/2013.

Credits

Credits

TobyFat 50 for some of he's models
-Kobas- for hes doodasd packs
A few Exports from SotP
Born 2 Modificate
Blizzard for WoW models
If I did not mention your name and your resource was used just contact me and I will add it down.

Project Signiture

Nothing yet

Project Progress

Terrain: ||||||||||||||||||||
Triggers:||||||||||||||||||||
Others: ||||||||||||||||||||

Thank you for reading this thread leave a post to suggest how to improve some things eg.terrian.
Map templates made by -Kobas- were used.

Last edited:

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Simply not use them together in a map or at least not at the same places. You can try whatever you want they'll never fit together. Don't want to make you feel down it's just it doesn't look good. I'm however really interested in the storyline.

Keep it up.

Okay Proxy I am trying not to disagree with you or anything it is just that I looked again and again at terrain and did see some errors with the WoW rips but the HQ of the texture even in its cartoonish ways does kind of suit the terrain for example look at the place with the barrels and the well, the models suit the terrain and sort of mix if you look at not to close up. And it kind of hard to find models like those WoW ones if you have suggestions please give them too me.

Okay I am going to place a poll that will only last for 2 days asking every one if terrain is okay with WoW rips or not. When it is done then I will decide what to do.

Thanks for your advice Proxy you awesome. :goblin_yeah:
You are also awesome :goblin_yeah:

Level 30
The project looks promising. The story is really interesting which you said makes the players wonders and looks for more.

Next is the terrain, terrain looks good though I dont like the thing that you mixed those cartoonish doodads in the waters (those blue doodads) with others that looks medieval-ish and realistic. I suggest dont mix unnecessary things with realistic ones because they crushes the map's quality.

Now about your thread and the uses of BB Code, looks great but some color I do think is quite blinding and is painful to look at like blue colors. ALso, you have a mistake, the last two sections displays both Project Signitures and it should be Project Signature.

Overall, good luck and I will take a look at this unfold. +4 REP

Level 6
Terrain looks as realistic as in SotP.
Story is quite creative (yeah, there aren't many worgens oh hive), but it's not enough yet to call it great, you know:)

It's still too little known about combat system and other cool stuff, I'm sure you'll add info on that as soon as possible. I see you've not done much for now, but seems like you're working well.

Now about your thread and the uses of BB Code, looks great but some color I do think is quite blinding and is painful to look at like blue colors.

He's right it's hard to read some words, and yeah, there are some insignificant spelling errors, but it's nothing to get bothered about.

So for now I'm just subscribing to this and waiting for more updates. And +rep, of course. It's only one, 'cos I cannot give more:(

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Okay I have edited the bb codes and have been working on map with some of my freetime expect some screenshots on Saturday. I am also wondering what kind of attack system to add to this map?

@Hell Master: I removed WoW models from water looks way better thanks for your advice :).

Last edited:
Level 14
Your project is looking nice, I like the terrain and the idea. I'll be checking this out from time to time for sure. Good luck man!

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Sorry that I have not given screenshots of what I have done but just understand that this project is under heavy development I am also working on a trailer for the map.So far the terrain is looking better than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.