• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Cursed Skull

A new (and funny) addition to the Hive.

Meet my pet. He's a cursed Skull that flies and spits fire.
I call him "Bubbles"........ no really he's officially called "Bubbles".

Just look :fp: here.

He was created by only using Blizzard Material (aside from the template)

If you want you can change the fire or the skull texture to adjust to your needs,
but if you want to change the model in general then you have to ask for my permission first to do so.
And don't distribute him.

Another thing: If you want to create a BTN/DISBTN for them then i encourage you to do so. :infl_thumbs_up:

And before i say to much:

HAVE FUN WITH HIM!

-----11. Jan. 2017-----
-added the wingless cursed skull (as Requested)
-added the bat-winged cursed skull (as Requested)
-added Portrait Animations (also Requested)

-added the Gargoyle cursed skull (the best i could get out of it)

-----05. March 2017-----
-changed the high of the Overhead Ref to be a bit higher
-added a Death Effect (The Leftover fire was because of another Emitter which Visibility was set to be 'linear' instead of 'none')
Contents

The Cursed Skull (Bat-Winged) (Model)

The Cursed Skull (Gargoyle-Winged) (Model)

The Cursed Skull (Vulture-Winged) (Model)

The Cursed Skull (Wingless) (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
The flying skull familiar. Really a great idea, and certainly useful. Two minor issues though: Overhead Ref attachment is too close to the head. Move it upwards a bit. Death atm is just reminiscent particles that vanish after few seconds. Give it a...
HappyCockroach
Changes done. Approved.
Level 21
To me the wings look a bit weird,I think it would be better if it was just a burning,floating skull.Regardless though,pretty sweet work,even just for a edit.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I love it. Not just because it's a Zelda-inspired model (called it the moment I saw it!), but because it's a great, simple enemy for Warcraft dungeons that I'm surprised no one thought of yet.

Good SFX, nice set of anims, very cute/scary. I do think the wings are a tiny bit weird (feathery instead of bat-like), but throw a wingless & bat-winged version into this Bundle & I say you've got an easily-approvable mess right there. : )

Level 30
I love it. Not just because it's a Zelda-inspired model (called it the moment I saw it!), but because it's a great, simple enemy for Warcraft dungeons that I'm surprised no one thought of yet.

Good SFX, nice set of anims, very cute/scary. I do think the wings are a tiny bit weird (feathery instead of bat-like), but throw a wingless & bat-winged version into this Bundle & I say you've got an easily-approvable mess right there. : )

For Wingless: I can do that easily
For Bat-Wings: Do you know which texture would suit something like that?

But first i work on the Portrait anims so it might take a while before i update him.

Level 30
Dreadlord. Might be more than just a texture-swap, though; might be a separate geomerge. Look at Direfury's recent "laser eyeball with wings" upload.

Oh yeah, Portrait is definitely more important. Just some suggestions.

Gargoyle?

Both are good ideas. i look if i can use them after i am finished with the Talk animation

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
While I feel the Troll Batrider bat wings are a little... ostentatious (was thinking more Dreadlord/Gargoyle for the straight black w/ creepy claws & veins), it does look better.

Also wingless & Portrait animations? Awexome-sauce. Noice work.

The flying skull familiar. Really a great idea, and certainly useful. Two minor issues though:
  • Overhead Ref attachment is too close to the head. Move it upwards a bit.
  • Death atm is just reminiscent particles that vanish after few seconds. Give it a more appropriate effect. Could be a tiny bone explosion, or some green smoke, etc...
Awaiting update.