• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Clash of WOTE

Reactions: deepstrasz
A cinematic I made about WOTE. I've spent only 1hr and 27mins in making this map so some jugheads might think that this cinematic sucks. But this cinematic really sucks.

NOTE: Don't mind the last line. And don't be bothered about it. It's just that I'm too lazy to remove it.

Thanks to:
Darkholme
General Frank
Seung, Bum Lee

Keywords:
Cinematic, WOTE, Elf, Elves, matmat01.
Contents

The Clash of WOTE (Map)

Reviews
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under...

M

Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Terrain
Terrain seems to be fine and average standard, there is a few error such as the position of the tree. And it seems 1 of your cinematic scene is at the edge of the map. Never create a scenario at the edge of the map.
Error
The sound of battlefield could be heard the moment the cinematic is on which naturally ruined the cinematic. If the sound is refer to the unit chopping the tree, you have used the wrong sound for it.
Replay Value & Fun factor
No music and no sound. There is plenty of error at camera movement and fade filter which naturally ruined the joy of watching it. And the cinematic should start at Map Initilization instead of Time Elapsed.
Credit & Import Material
It seems like you import those material at right place. As for credit, it is not good enough because you mention the sources found at THW but did not mention who is the author of the sources you use.
Camera & Special Effect
Special effect are not quite impressive and the camera run through destructible/doodad several times. I do not mind if the camera run through destructible/doodad to give a better effect, but this seems to be a error the author did not fix.
File Size & Originality
File size is quite low for cinematic. As for the originality, it seems to be decent.
Packaging & Description/Information/Detail
The packaging seem to be good since the map preview are nice, but the map description are very immature and childish. Which naturally downgrade the quality and standard of it, once people seen such a description. They would probably lost interest to download and view this map.
Storyline & Theme
The story seems to be decent. As does it follow the theme, I do not think so.
Music & Sound
No sound for those dialog and there is no music either (You should set a music for it).
Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules
Quality are weak due to some minor error such as the fade filter and camera movement. As for the rules, it seems to follow all the line.
Overall Review
Overall, this map still lack several aspect such as the special effect and camera movement. This is the result you get when you spend just a hour to create it. Lack of patience and determination is the main reason of why this map quality are poor. You cannot summit this map for cinematic contest because any cinematic summitted for the contest must be created the moment the contest begin, not before it begin.

Vote as a moderator, I vote this resources lacking since this map condition are good enough for approval. If I vote it as user, I would give it 1/5 due to those error and it simply does not attract my attention.
Positive & Negative Point
[+] -
[!] -
[-] - Bad camera setup
[-] - Bad fade filter setup
[-] - Creating cinematic scenario at the edge of the map
Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating
1) Terrain - 4
2) Error - 1
3) Replay Value & Fun factor - 1
4) Credit & Import Material - 7
5) Camera & Special Effect - 1
6) File Size & Originality - 7
7) Packaging & Description/Information/Detail - 1
8) Storyline & Theme - 6
9) Music & Sound - 0
10) Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules - 8
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 36/100
Moderator Rating - 2/5
User Rating - 1/5
Condition - Poor
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 12
one thing,

that text in the end, I think you cannot set this map in any cinematic contest, becouse it is done now. All maps for contest must be done after the begining of the contest itself :)

Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Terrain
Terrain seems to be fine and average standard, there is a few error such as the position of the tree. And it seems 1 of your cinematic scene is at the edge of the map. Never create a scenario at the edge of the map.
Error
The sound of battlefield could be heard the moment the cinematic is on which naturally ruined the cinematic. If the sound is refer to the unit chopping the tree, you have used the wrong sound for it.
Replay Value & Fun factor
No music and no sound. There is plenty of error at camera movement and fade filter which naturally ruined the joy of watching it. And the cinematic should start at Map Initilization instead of Time Elapsed.
Credit & Import Material
It seems like you import those material at right place. As for credit, it is not good enough because you mention the sources found at THW but did not mention who is the author of the sources you use.
Camera & Special Effect
Special effect are not quite impressive and the camera run through destructible/doodad several times. I do not mind if the camera run through destructible/doodad to give a better effect, but this seems to be a error the author did not fix.
File Size & Originality
File size is quite low for cinematic. As for the originality, it seems to be decent.
Packaging & Description/Information/Detail
The packaging seem to be good since the map preview are nice, but the map description are very immature and childish. Which naturally downgrade the quality and standard of it, once people seen such a description. They would probably lost interest to download and view this map.
Storyline & Theme
The story seems to be decent. As does it follow the theme, I do not think so.
Music & Sound
No sound for those dialog and there is no music either (You should set a music for it).
Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules
Quality are weak due to some minor error such as the fade filter and camera movement. As for the rules, it seems to follow all the line.
Overall Review
Overall, this map still lack several aspect such as the special effect and camera movement. This is the result you get when you spend just a hour to create it. Lack of patience and determination is the main reason of why this map quality are poor. You cannot summit this map for cinematic contest because any cinematic summitted for the contest must be created the moment the contest begin, not before it begin.

Vote as a moderator, I vote this resources lacking since this map condition are good enough for approval. If I vote it as user, I would give it 1/5 due to those error and it simply does not attract my attention.
Positive & Negative Point
[+] -
[!] -
[-] - Bad camera setup
[-] - Bad fade filter setup
[-] - Creating cinematic scenario at the edge of the map
Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating
1) Terrain - 4
2) Error - 1
3) Replay Value & Fun factor - 1
4) Credit & Import Material - 7
5) Camera & Special Effect - 1
6) File Size & Originality - 7
7) Packaging & Description/Information/Detail - 1
8) Storyline & Theme - 6
9) Music & Sound - 0
10) Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules - 8
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 36/100
Moderator Rating - 2/5
User Rating - 1/5
Condition - Poor
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 9
Oh. Don't worry, It's just cinematic I didn't work hard. Maybe I'm impatience. But I will work 5 hours a day for my next cinematic. It will be a different theme and will be some kind of four minuites. I do the cinematic the way I look at Blizzard's way. It has fade filter (well, not too much than mine) and Fast paced scenario transitions (so that the watchers don't get bored because some cinamatics are boring 'cause they don't change place. for me that kind of cinematic is boring)