• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Children of Carmeldan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Once the children danced in Carmeldan,
Once the children sung in Carmeldan,
Once the children lived in Carmeldan.
But not anymore for the children disappeared one day to the anger of the city residences, they blamed the neighborly city of Duchess.
But when the Children of Duchess disappeared, Duchess blamed Carmeldan.
This resulted in a blood war.
As opposed to a real war the people realized that without children they would soon die out so they all swore to kill every last one of their neighbors until the children were returned.
But their was one thing neither city had counted on, after the first day of battle, when the moon fell, the dead were reincarnated.
With no memory of what had happened, sure they were shepherded into these cities not always the right ones.
The Corrupt politicians in the cities took this as a godsend, soon they were both trying to bring as many reborn back into their cities to train them as soldiers and send them to die a few days later.
This continued... for first weeks... then months... and of course years.
It wasn't until several years into the war they power hungry Politicians realized.
That any woman who got pregnant in the city died soon afterwards, and was reincarnated without any trace of the baby.
This would have worried many if they had been allowed to find out.
The Politicians killed any who dared reveal this, why? Who needs children to be born when the people never truly die?
After 13 years people became suspicious, the old were dying of old age every day and reappearing every night with no memory of their years, the young were always dying from war and been revived with no knowledge of their Mothers, Fathers, Sisters, Brothers, Cousins, Wives, Husbands, sweethearts and Friends.
Barely anyone knew why they were fighting even who they were fighting, everyone was confused and angry and still the children didn't appear.
A druid said the children lived, how the cities searched but the hope was little more than desperation.
Soon the cities blamed each other of finding and killing the kids and then the desperation turned into fury.
The land was burned, the resources stripped, the factories spewing thick smoke into the air. The atmosphere was almost toxic and for what, so you could kill many thousand people who would be back by nightfall.
They tried burning the bodies, they rose from their ashes.
They diced the bodies, they reattached themselves together.
They tied lead to bodies and dumped them in the ocean, they resurfaced alive and sodden during the night.
Fury dulled to anger, anger to confusion. Why were they fighting?
Barely anyone had lived long enough to remember and they didn't care anymore.
But still they fought, the politicians held on to their power to stubborn to surrender it.

20 years had past, the land was a barren place, nothing grew from the pollution and acid rain, the blood welled in holes, rivers anywhere it could, the once proud walls of Carmeldan now were blood stained and damaged.
Smoke was everywhere, the atmosphere was so toxic that the birds had fled, the fish were dead and everything else was mostly dead.
People were in pain, there was no need for fighting most died soon after they were reborn.
And finally the cities people managed to live long enough to forgive the past.

The spell was broken with the blood wars end, people finally died for the last time, the factories finally stopped with the workers deaths and the land could heal.
But when the last humans were close to death that's when it happened, the sound of dancing could be heard, the sound of singing could be heard, the sound of life could be heard and the children returned...
Tureri

Hope you enjoyed that or at least glimpsed the means of it, if not well.
The people fought over something that just happened, and because of their anger and pride they destroyed everything in order to try and destroy one another.
But when it wouldn't work they did not see reason and stop, they kept fighting and by the time the land was destroyed and they finally forgave each other that’s when the children returned.
Into a land of misery and debris, a land of disease, a land devoid of life except their own.

So anyway basically it a double whammy, Not only does it say Forgive your neighbor (can mean friend, family or of course actual neighbor) and see reason.
It also highlights the corruption of man, the capacity to destroy whatever is in the way and the addiction to power.
Hang on did I say double whammy, I meant triple.
It also points out that if we keep; forgive me if this a tad strong, if we keep raping our environment for resources, torturing it with our toxic fumes we will get that wasteland, our children will be stuck with that wasteland, maybe even I’ll (because I’m 15) get stuck with that wasteland and guess what, I sure as hell don’t deserve it, I don’t burn coal, chop down forests, test nuclear bombs.
I try to recycle, turn off lights, use renewable alternatives. Don’t leave future generations to clean up our mess because they may not be able to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.