• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Beetle Battle v.2.3 AI

Reactions: Mitchomitch
This is a constant action FPS map where standing still is fatal. Move your Scarab around the forest and Impale your enemies. By Items in the middle of the forest to boost you in any way you wish. A full description of the maps other features such as, Double Squatt, Bottom Feeder e.t.c. is available in the Loading Screen.

Special thanks to Raxomukus for:
-The new bounty system
-The Vendetta spell
-Some extra Items

And remember... birds are nice creatures. They won't do any harm.
Good luck and Have fun!

UPDATE:
2.1: New Vendetta function (fixed to, sorry for the bug) and Rune of Critical Strike.
2.3: I updated the damn buggy Critical Strike (don't remember exactly what I did cause it was a long time ago), added some grass and shrubbery and last but not least, AI. I haven't tought them to buy items, just to impale everything in sight. :mwahaha:

Keywords:
Scarab, Beetle, Battle, Impale, FPS, Forest, Bugs, TBB
Contents

The Beetle Battle v.2.3 AI (Map)

Reviews
1)ark_NiTe: A well made and fun map, but why is it necessary to alert all the players when someone uses a villager? I find that quite pointless! Nonetheless, TBB is approved.

M

1)ark_NiTe: A well made and fun map, but why is it necessary to alert all the players when someone uses a villager? I find that quite pointless! Nonetheless, TBB is approved.

Level 1
the ai's movements are quite interesting coz after they attacked, they will hide immediately. and some of the trees are kinda make me unable to see them unless i hold alt

Level 28
the ai's movements are quite interesting coz after they attacked, they will hide immediately. and some of the trees are kinda make me unable to see them unless i hold alt

The fun in this map kinda goes away imo if you can see them clearly. The Impale spell has such a wide effect area that guessing their possition is sometimes enough. I use the minimap when I play it. When I used to play on B.net people got pretty angry with me cause I killed them when they came near. I used the minimap to keep track on them and when they came inside my white square I made a good guess at the angle fired. I have lost a little of that feeling now though.

Level 3
Pretty nice game, really hard AI.
Nice idea and fun to play. But I hate the point system. I have a good time for about 15 min and its getting boring because it's really hard to win.