• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Barrens! My Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
First off...

* Map name: The Barrens
* Creator: Shadow|M4L aka me aka Jirinal aka any other of my nicks
* Development I alone
* BETA or Release: Look at the bottom

* Summary: Looks below
* Features: Look below
* Progress: Dont realy know i dont care about it, maybe already beta maybe alpha~
* Misc: It could have many bugs and imbalances, bad english and some tooltips could be wrong, also some heros may be boring caus i hestiate making them.

Some of you discovered maybe my Thread with some screens of this Project...
And now i present it to you my Project.

Its an Aos Style Map i think~

You may wonder why i dont know if its an Aos style map, well it got some features that wasnt in any aos before i hope, i give you a short list.

- Customable Spawnwaves, you have a limit of 5 Units per Barrack and you can choose which spawns you want to spawn. The enemy can do this too.
But thats not all, you can also reset the spawns to counter the enemy spawngroup. You can also check the Spawns in the Barracks when you click on them, a floating text will tell you about the spawns.

- Upgrades for your Spawnunits, you can choose of a high number of Upgrades. At the moment there not that much, but i think i will hit around 36 later. You can choose then from 11 Different spawnunits, maybe more. Actual its 6. Air, Offensive and Support Magican, 2 Ground Units and one Siege Unit.

- You can also call Special Spawnwaves that can strenghten a Push for a Spawn, these cost Mana which will be restored slowly.

- I also planned a little Seafight and if you dominance the Ocean you can send Dropships right into the enemy Base, real ships not space thingys :p

- There is a Goblin Airship Rental, you can buy a ticket and fly to a outpost, or back to your base. First i though about Teleports but i liked that idea much more.

- Many Triggered Spells for the 11 Custom Heroes, and i still rework them to get the perfect synapsis.

- There are some goldmines all over the map which you can take over with a tower, your team will then get more gold.

- There is also a small Isle in the Corner, you can take over it. Iam not sure what it will do, actual it just give more gold.

- I will also add 2 Goblin Outpost where you can buy all fancy cyber stuff~

- Since there are different outpost you can choose with a chat command where to respawn.

- There are also 2 Bases without the Spawnsystem, these Bases will just spawn normal units. All in all there are 2 Bases and 3 Outpost for each Team.

- Ofcourse there are some crafting Items, but i dont make those the main factor of the map.

- I will also try to work on a KI that will choose spawns that will counter the enemy troops. Actual its just set the spawns if player forget or dont want to do this.

I think thats all, some closed alpha/beta tester already said the tactical factor is nice. But they also said its not that newbie friendly. Because its hard to watch the spawns replace them and also play with your hero agains other players.

I hope you like the features, i will also add the map so you can test it. Ofcourse it will be protected i dont want it public when its in this early stage, i hope you understand that. But if you have questions feel free to ask me.

Here is also the link to the pics of my project: http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31364

Attachments

• Barrens.w3x
    551.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.