• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Arena *Cinematic*

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Im really sorry but i dont have time to apply a decent description right now -.-.

Im really tired. Will give a good description tomorrow. Please understand.

Ps. This is my 1st cinematic. Enjoy.

Comment, Rates are appreciated.

Keywords:
Arena, Warfare, War, Zack, Ryan, Magic, Tower, Cinematic, Cinema
Contents

The Arena *Cinematic* (Map)

Reviews
09:48, 1st May 2009 by bounty hunter2: The mini moderators agree this map is too low quality to be accepted here, Rejected.

M

09:48, 1st May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
The mini moderators agree this map is too low quality to be accepted here, Rejected.

Level 2
I'll say this, for your first cinamatic. It's not bad. How it stacks up against others? Probably average. I'll give ya some real criticism.

Terrain: Wasn't bad, varied textured, plentiful doodads. But, it was very flat. Get some raise/lower in there to add some excitment.

Visually: Cameras were usually pretty still, get some more movement in there. Units were also usually pretty still, especially for a cinamatic where there is fighting. There's alotof room for improvement in the catagory. Doing that, in combination with all the effects you used could probably improve this area pretty easily.

Sound: The music seemed a little out of place, and random imo. I LOL'd at the DBZ sounds. Could be better, could be worse. It is your first try.

Story: Started off progressing pretty good, then it just kept jumping off and although not on a tangent. Just a sort of..weird way. It could've been presented better.

There were also a few typos, maybe some bad grammar here and there. Not totally awful. Little spellcheck would have that fixed really quick.

Level 12
Ummm.... ok my review

-Camera angles were bad
-Needs some editing
-The arena didn't even look like an arena...grass/where people standing was to flat/fires on area floor???
-The units they were fighting didn't excite me
-Wolves teleporting?
-Most of the abilities looked the same
-The sounds were annoying
-The transformation/anger abilities were to long
-The texting/transmissions took to long as well at times
-The characters didn't make any sense
-Transmission pictures were wrong for units
-Environment isn't clean at all looks like you just threw stuff in everywhere
-Killing brother I didn't like/also last boss is king? Just didn't like it

Keep in mind in some of these areas for improvements to your future maps

Although there was something there that kept me watching it so its an alright start for your first. Good try!

Level 31
1) Description - You promise to put a proper description, hence I won't comment anything about description at this moment.

2) Terrain - Very poor, the forest just consists of 1 type of tree with same varient, similiar size and height. Forest does not consists of a tree only, you did not even use fog and this make the edge of the map could be seen just like this image below.

Fog.jpg

From what I seen, you even use blizzard cliff and you use it at rather ugly way as well. You use size 1 to form a cliff? It make it look like (ahem* ahem*), a big banana standing still instead of a cliff. Blizzard cliff are not suitable to make a hill/mountain but rather a canyon.

Also, where the hell did the water come out?

Water.jpg

The arena was ugly and doesn't even look like a arena at all and all those tree around the arena area look like they been stack neat and organize just like a book in a library.

Also, how the hell did the arena just full of female audience? Where is male? They all look like they are wearing same clothes as well.

All%20Girl.jpg

3) Camera - Very bad, 90% of the time it keep run through destructible/doodad and even the cliff (Especially the beginning of the cinematic). When it move, the movement was choppy as well.

Run%20Through%20Camera.jpg

4) Animation - Very poor. The only animation I could seen was the King keep holding his hammer upon the sky and the rest does not even have proper animation when spell casting and attacking, it was usually standing like a dummy all the time.

5) Sound & Sound Effect - Very bad, it would turn off music everytime it was activate. Some particular sound does not even match with unit conversation and contain static.

6) Music - Bad selection of music, it doesn't suit the theme of the cinematic and the music goes off whenever a sound effect activate.

7) Special Effect - Special effect has been overuse, it seems to be nothing but a spam of special effect.

8) Replayability - Extremely low, the camera always stay lock and hardly move. When it start to move, it was choppy and keep running through wall. When it sway, it sway soo hard as it was like an earthquake with magnitude of 9.5 and this make the entire cinematic hard to be view.

The battle scene have overuse special effect and no proper animation. When those unit cast spell, they just stand there like a bunch of retarded or moron that does nothing.

The battle scene contain a waiting syndrome as well. Let me ask you this question, "If a wolf start attacking you, would you stand still like a idiot?". The answer sure is NO, the same goes to the character in the cinematic as well.

If the wolf start attacking, Ryan just stand still like a dummy waiting to be tackle by it. With the speed of the wolf teleporting, Ryan could have easily dodge the attack.

The same goes to the zerg as well, they are just standing still waiting for it to be hack to death. The battle was repetitive with the same overuse sfx without any proper animation. It get borings after watching the second round of the battle; audience would probably quit this cinematic even before they watch the finale battle.

9) Scripting/Triggering - Very poor, some special effect just remain at the cinematic all the time. From what I view in this cinematic, I knew your scripting/triggering have been set at the wrong way with the lack of basic cinematic setup.

You are using play music instead of play sound for sound effect and you are using wait instead of precise timing for battle cinematic.

10) Typo Error - Plenty of typo error as you can view from this screenshot below.

Typo%20Error.jpg

Typo%20Error%202.jpg

Typo%20Error%203.jpg

1/5 (Unacceptable)

You need to polish it if you wish for it to be approve, it contain lot's of sfx abuse, typo error, bad camera movement, no proper music/sound, waiting syndrome and poor terrain.

Level 1
The Arena *Cinematic*

1......The camera goes through mountain just before Ryan speaks. It should not happen. The camera movement is bad. It needs much improvements. While the imperial guard was telling those 2 about the reason he came for some part I was not able to see them. Same went when the King was speaking. I was looking at the gate while he was speaking.
2.......There are typing mistakes here & there. Try to take care of them.
3.......Where was the waterfall coming from? It did not look good.
4........The movement of the units needs improvements. For example when those 3 (guard & the 2 hunters as citizen models) move to the gate of the castle the movement is not good.
5........You have used one model of tree & the terrain is flat. Scale the trees, use custom models (for which you have to give credits) & use height variations for the terrain.
6........The first round consisted only of ladies? Where did the gents & children go? Using different models for the women is needed otherwise it looks bad.
7........I had minimized while the music started playing & when I maximized the cinematic progresses but the music did not.
8........The next day the corpse from the previous day were still present?
9........The wolf's materialized? Coming from the entrance would be something but just materialized? Also they came at exactly the same spots as the previous creeps?
10.....When the wolf kills one of them then the dialogue that is played & subtitles are different.
11.......Background music are needed not only for the battles but some for the rest of cinematic too.
12........After killing the last round while they were arguing they were not looking at each other.
13.......The screen was shaking a lot when they were fighting. More than needed I think. Also Ryan just dies? No attack?
14.......The dialogues needs proper timing. It is not exact.
15.......You have said that you will add proper details so I won't say about that.

For the first cinematic it is good attempt but will need more work before it is acceptable.

Don't give up due to this but improve & give an improved version.
Remember to get comments & feedback at Cinematics - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site before giving a new version.

My rating : 1/5(Unacceptable)