• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The 300:Battle of Thermoyplae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The 300 is a project I have recently started,the map will have true to life elements from the ancient greek story of the battle of thermopylae. The map will be playable online. I do not plan to add all the elements from the 300 movie, I plan to make this map close to the real story as possible. This means 700 Thespians will be fighting along side their Greek brethren, Helots will be used, Thebans will join in also, Important Spartan and Persian heroes such as Dienekes and Hydarnes will be added,and even more. Spells will be included but no magic spells will be present,instead activities practiced by the greek such as Pankration(Wrestling) will be put in place of them.(Pankration will increase combat effectiveness as Spartans practiced Pankration for their training.)

Equipment will be equipped in a Diablo 2 fashion-their will be room for a helmet, leg greaves, swords, shields, and breast plates. As in most games, their will be a way to heal. Ways of healing include Hot Iron-closes all flesh wounds, and Megistias, the seer who will offer remedies.

Hero Units are below.

COLOR CODE

SPARTANS
THESPIANS
PERSIANS

Leonidas l-The King Of Sparta. He will be older

Eurýtos-A Spartan warrior who died in battle blind

Dienekes-A Spartan Officer,bravest of the 300. He's known for his remark used by Stelios in 300-"Good. Then we will fight in the shade'"

Megistias-An acarnanian seer. He foresaw the coming disaster, and even so he chose to stay with Leonidas.

Demophilus-Led the 700 Thespians at the Battle of Thermopylae. He stood along side the 300 Spartans.

Xerxes l-King of Persia, brother of Abrocomes and Hyperanthes

Hydarnes-The Commander of 10,000 Persian Immortals

Hyperanthes-The Brother of Xerxes and Abrocomes.

Abrocomes-The Brother Of Hyperanthes and Xerxes.

Tigranes-A member of the Achaemenid family.He commanded the Medes in the army of Xerxes during the invasion of Greece.

Mardonius-A Persian commander during the Persian Wars with Greece.

Demaratus-King Of Sparta from 515 to 491 BC. He accompanied Xerxes I. He warned Xerxes not to underestimate the Spartans before the Battle of Thermopylae.

*Check back as more information will be posted as progress continues.*

Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks guys, I can't exactly say when it will be done but, it will be soon :csmile:

edit:apologize guys,I haven't exactly had time to work on the map,though small edits for models are being made such as the spartan helmet.

edit 2:the map will be on hold until some time in june.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.