• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Texture Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I finally decided to finish one of my maps and had some questions about textures. For reference it is a Pokemon card battle game in the style of Triple Triad from FF8. If you don't know what that is google it. I wanted to know if you could have 1 huge texture file and all the card models use a portion of the texture for the card faces. So the texture would have each card on it. That way I can have tons of card models with just 1 texture file instead of each one having its own.

Level 6
What is the maximum size you can use for a texture, I need to get 649 pictures on the texture.

Level 6
512 wont be big enough. Also 649 models might be too much for the game anyways no matter how small they might be. Suppose I might give up on map making, tons of ideas but don't have the skills to do everything myself

Status
Not open for further replies.