• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MT:G Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi guys i need help, i want to make a card game of MT:G but, i dont know if i can. I want to know if its possible to convert this into a model and a skin. Now there are 60 cards in a deck so i need to make atleast 100 of the cards. how much would it take (kb) for 1 card. and if its possible for me to add 100+ cards without an insane ammount of space used. thanks a lot!!

Level 9
hi guys i need help, i want to make a card game of MT:G but, i dont know if i can. I want to know if its possible to convert this into a model and a skin. Now there are 60 cards in a deck so i need to make atleast 100 of the cards. how much would it take (kb) for 1 card. and if its possible for me to add 100+ cards without an insane ammount of space used. thanks a lot!!

Answer 1: I can't view the attachment.

Answer 2: If that was a picture stolen from wizards.com, directly converting it to a model and a skin would take an act of Jesus.

Answer 3: Have you played Card Shuffle?

Answer 4: I don't know, don't you have a brain? Can't you go check the file size of the file you just uploaded and see if it'll fit in killobytes, into whatever map you have planned? Just take 1 number and multiply by 150 or so.
[/quote]

Level 2
another link

Well, I dont need it to look exactly like that, I just want an area to show a small image to represent the card, like a small icon - same size wc3 uses. Then I need space for a name, and a short description.
Im still not sure what the size will grow to, so far it seems excessive. Im thinking of Normal war3 Icons, it will only be about 4-5 times larger in actual size, so i dont see why it should exceede 100kb more than the average 10kb icon.

Level 4
.... forget about your Project....
... i'm sorry, but noone will play (in B.net) a Map that has a larger Mapsice than max 2MB... and if you do it the way you decided, the mapsice will grow up to ..... maybe about 4-5 MB!!!

Maybe you could yue an other way to make a card game!

Status
Not open for further replies.