• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Texture problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I created an Air Lord texture (based on firelord, simple recolour) and used Magos' model editor to create and Air lord using this skin. Then I imported it into WE, restarted, and created an air lord hero in object editor. The problem was that the texture was "gone" even if WE didn't show any error messages. So all I saw was team color and glow. What have I done wrong?

Level 17
Welcome H Con..

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:
The Important Site Rules
Your User Control Panel
Your Information Page
Warcraft III Tutorials
Cool Avatars
THW's Chatroom
Search The Hive
Community Members
The Hive Workshop Staff
Vote For The Hive Workshop!

Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.

A few other tips that might help too:

Always search first! Did I already mention THAT?

When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.

Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.

If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help out.

Sorry Wolverabid, done your job. :grin:

Level 2
The files

Well, here you got the blp, included the tga that the model is using right now. Hope you'll fix it.

Attachments

• HeroAvatarAir.blp
    691.8 KB · Views: 77
  • HeroAvatarAir.TGA
    1 MB · Views: 92
Level 2
The path is textures\heroavatarofflame (heroavatarofair for this texture) the model can be found in war3patch.mpq, in units/creeps

Last edited:
Level 13
It has something to do with the texture Itself, not the model. Im not exactly sure what you did, Im taking a look at it right now.

Edit: Pretty sure I fixed it. Lemme check it in-game

Edit: Yup, it works now. Its a shame the blizzard model has the particles attached to it. Other than that I'd say the skin looks pretty nice.

Edit: Btw, just incase you were wondering what I did to fix it. I CnPd your texture into a new Photoshop document and saved it as a flat image. Then I went into the WC3 viewer and converted it to a .blp knowing that it would be missing the opaque layer and that the WC3 viewer could add it in for me. So I guess I could say I fixed the mistake with a mistake and let the WC3 viewer do the rest lol.

Attachments

• Firelord.jpg
    Firelord.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 159
  • FirelordFix.blp
    631.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.