• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Text Message (Auto-timed) - modify coordinates ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

Do you think there is any way to modify the default X Y coordinates of in-game Text Message ?
(Im not looking for Custom Texts, but for Text Message (auto-timed).

Thanks.

Level 3
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Can you explain how to use these please ? How can I change ORIGIN_FRAME_UNIT_MSG position ? (custom script ??)

For the values you have to test around. First you free the frame then one moves its center somewhere else.
  • Repos MessageFrame
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call BlzFrameClearAllPoints(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_UNIT_MSG,0))
      • Custom script: call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_UNIT_MSG,0), FRAMEPOINT_CENTER, 0.5, 0.6)

Level 3
Thank you very much.

It's working but after I exit the game I get an error report message (to send to blizzard). Is it normal ?

Last edited:
Level 8
use custom script to call the natives directly which allow to define x and y.
JASS:
native DisplayTextToPlayer takes player toPlayer, real x, real y, string message returns nothing

It's possible with that native? i remember testing various values on x and it cannot be less than 0, that is his predefined valor.
Or i'm wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.