• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Text Buff models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello, im making a map where buffs are exremely important to gameplay, because you can make combo with different types of buffs on a unit. I made the buffs with the effect in the game but it's hard to notice and reconise them in big fights with a lot of stuff going on.
So i request some 3d models Text buffs that appears on the unit instead of a special effect.

The buffs i need are 7

1 Frozen! a light blue text

2 Blinded! a white text

3 Stunned! a light brown text

4 Shocked! a grey text

5 Slowed! light red text

6 Burning! orange text

7 Corroded! Green text

8 Scared! a purple text

And you can add some effect to the letters, like frozen with icy letters and so on....

Thank you

Level 9
Use texttag (floating text) or textsplat instead?

i tired, but the result is not good, im not so good with triggers, the inly way i found to apply the text on the unit with a buff is the ''Time - every X seconds
condition
Unit has buff - my buff
Actions
create a floating text with bla bla bla...''
With this the resullt is bad, if you can tell me another way to to this you are welcome, otherwise i need the models

Thank you

Level 14
If you use models of the words and attach them to the units you may run into problems with them being backwards when a unit turns around. You might be able to do it if they are billboarded so they always face the camera though. Also this would be better than floating text since floating text always appears in front of models and doesn't change its size according to how far away from the camera it is.

I know this doesn't really help a whole lot, just my two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.