• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Tetherisque spell issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying to recreate the tether spell from IO on Dota with modifications. I would like the tether range to be infinite and only break on death none of the slow and regen stuff, just the visual and break on death.

Following Tether v1.03 I copied what I think I needed:
  • Possess
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Lightning (Neutral Hostile)
    • Actions
      • Set ChainCast = (Casting unit)
      • Set ChainCast1 = (Position of ChainCast)
      • Set ChainTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set ChainTarget1 = (Position of ChainTarget)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of ChainCast using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DemonBoltImpact\DemonBoltImpact.mdl
      • Set ChainEffect1 = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the head of ChainTarget using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DemonBoltImpact\DemonBoltImpact.mdl
      • Set ChainEffect2 = (Last created special effect)
      • Lightning - Create a Finger of Death lightning effect from source ChainCast1 to target ChainTarget1
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ChainCast1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ChainTarget1)
But the issue is, the visual remains at the cast point and target location instead of moving as the units move. What part of the triggers didn't I copy for this to work?

Also on a semi related note, how would I make the visual effect arc as the distance between the units increases?

Status
Not open for further replies.