1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Trigger] Tetherisque spell issue

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Marcell, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Marcell

Marcell

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm trying to recreate the tether spell from IO on Dota with modifications. I would like the tether range to be infinite and only break on death none of the slow and regen stuff, just the visual and break on death.

Following Tether v1.03 I copied what I think I needed:
    • Possess
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Lightning (Neutral Hostile)
      • Actions
        • Set ChainCast = (Casting unit)
        • Set ChainCast1 = (Position of ChainCast)
        • Set ChainTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Set ChainTarget1 = (Position of ChainTarget)
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of ChainCast using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DemonBoltImpact\DemonBoltImpact.mdl
        • Set ChainEffect1 = (Last created special effect)
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the head of ChainTarget using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DemonBoltImpact\DemonBoltImpact.mdl
        • Set ChainEffect2 = (Last created special effect)
        • Lightning - Create a Finger of Death lightning effect from source ChainCast1 to target ChainTarget1
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ChainCast1)
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ChainTarget1)

But the issue is, the visual remains at the cast point and target location instead of moving as the units move. What part of the triggers didn't I copy for this to work?

Also on a semi related note, how would I make the visual effect arc as the distance between the units increases?

2. millzy

millzy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    U havent added the periodic trigger? That is the trigger that moves the lightning with the unit

3. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You need to periodic trigger.