• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Test Mode: NPCs Player Placeholders Don't Count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to set a "Team Gold" system so that whenever a player kills a unit, it counts up the number of allies, then divides the amount of gold gained among each player. I have been testing this solo and I have noticed that open spots for players have been taken over by NPCs. However, from the looks of it, triggers don't seem to register these placeholder AI's as actual players. Is that true?

An example would be "TempPlayerGroup = Allies of (Killing Player)"
Pick all Players in TempPlayerGroup
Give Picked Player (300 Gold/Number of Players in TempPlayerGroup)
While testing, this trigger gave me (the lone human player) 300 gold and gave 0 to the other two allied players that I had (I viewed this using Shared Unit Control). This goes back to my question; do triggers not treat NPC Player-Holders as actual players? If that is the case, I wonder how I can test my map solo for triggers involving multiple players. (I cannot host maps on Battlenet w/o MMH [which uses preset maps]). For now, I have set the "Player" to "Computer" and it does distribute the gold properly, but will the triggers still work the same (except for cases that detect Player Status)

Level 39
Leaving the player slot blank and having it auto-filled by a computer doesn't count as a player in that slot. You have to explicitly set it to a computer player in the player properties tab. If it works when you do that then it will work with player allies.

Level 4
Leaving the player slot blank and having it auto-filled by a computer doesn't count as a player in that slot. You have to explicitly set it to a computer player in the player properties tab. If it works when you do that then it will work with player allies.

Thank you for giving me this info. I was struggling for a while with "Pick all in a Player Group" and distributing gold, because it was giving it to the first player of the group. I figured it out now (I should not have been changing variables within the Player-Group loop).

Status
Not open for further replies.